Quick Reply Concept That Fits With the Design Scheme of iOS 7.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Austin M., Aug 6, 2013.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Just a little something I made in Pixelmator... First, my regular home screen, and then, look at that, a message notification. Hmm, what to do? How about just doing a little bit of a reply right then and there, seems simple enough. And yes, the camera icon is a bit different from Apple's, I like it more.

Attached Files:

• QR2.PNG
      QR2.PNG
      File size:
      693.2 KB
      Views:
    • QR3.png
      QR3.png
      File size:
      555.3 KB
      Views:
    • QR1.png
      QR1.png
      File size:
      442.5 KB
      Views:
  2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I really can't imagine that Apple would go back to a blocking modal popup for a text message when they have spent the last few years singing the virtues of the way that notifications have been handled since iOS 5. The mockups with it in the slide down notification are much more on point I think.

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I agree. But it is an option. I guess some still use it. Can't have it one way without the other.

4. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

I like it! And it looks kind of like you blurred out "******* You"...haha....or "Thank you". :)

5. ajvizzgamer101, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Great job but why didn't you do one for the people who use the banner notification bar and not the pop-up.

6. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Would be great if it would display the photo of the sender (if it is in a phonebook)

7. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Looks great. But like others are sort of getting to, it would be nice if you could show us a banners quick reply concept.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Looks great. Same idea could be applied to the banner notifications to display a reply button on the right which would trigger a small box for the text. I really think we'll see this as one of the "surprises" in the fall, especially since they just added it to OS X. Unless there's a reason it can't be done on iOS.

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I think we would have seen it already. It's an odd omission though.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Unless they're keeping it from the beta because they want to have a few surprises at the official reveal. It's happened before. I think the same will happen with (maybe) new ringtones and wallpapers. It would make sense to introduce some fresh ones with such a significant iOS upgrade.

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I think those were less surprises and more, things that weren't done yet. I don't think they intentionally keep much from betas, except for obvious things that'll require the new iPhone.

Also, I would think Apple would want feedback on it to make sure they nailed the UI. It's not something trivial like wallpaper.

But who knows, maybe that's just me being pessimistic.

12. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

They actually haven't done it before. There have been things that were available on new hardware and not old, but there haven't been features that were not in the beta that came with the GM for current hardware.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I wonder if this year will be different. I say that because iOS 7 betas are used by so many more non-devs than previous versions that Apple might want to have an element of surprise in the fall. That being said, it may just be wishful thinking :)

Yup you're right. Siri is the biggest one that comes to mind, but they had no way of testing that on the hardware that was out during the beta.

14. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I think the quick reply concept created by CarlosQG fits in with iOS 7's design scheme better.

[​IMG]

15. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Obviously I would really like to be surprised by this though. I just doubt that it will be this year since quick reply came with the quick reply API on OSX so apps can take advantage. Apple would probably want developers to have apps ready to go day one with a new API like that, it would be a big impact API.

16. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I'll make a banner one here shortly. I have a few ideas. :)

17. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You make a very good point there. It's baffling that they would include it in OS X but not iOS. Oh well. Maybe iOS 8.

18. applelover1016 macrumors regular

applelover1016

Really feeling this:D hopefully they add this in the next beta or something, would make sense. Great Job btw

19. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Actually, that was made by CarlosQG and posted in another thread.

20. applelover1016 macrumors regular

applelover1016

My apologies, CarlosQG, if you read this, good job:D

21. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

When people were telling me iOS 7 Beta 5 was out and there was a bar under it.. I thought it was for quick reply.

22. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

There will be quick reply I'm confident about it. Why else would they make the banners so big? There has to be something they are going to add to it! Has to be!

Plus Mavericks has quick reply and Apple always talks about how they try to make the experience on the computer the same as on your devices. We shall see.

23. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I think we are all aware that it is not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." Everything says it should be now but I highly doubt it. I say it won't come until iOS 8.

24. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

I noticed today that iMessages on the Mavericks Beta has quick reply. So maybe there's still hope for it to be on the phone! I hope so!

25. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I just don't know why almost everybody is so obsessed with the "quick reply" option, I just don't get why is such a big deal.