Quick toggles for iPhone settings (SBSettings w/o the jailbreak).

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Wow this is quite awesome dude :D

Not quite sbsettings but it's good!!
Yea, SBSettings was nicer but at least this is an option available for non-jailbreadkers and is much faster than going to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth for example.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
It is cool. Kinda wish I didn't have to see the web page open when clicking an icon, but I guess it's the only way.

Wonder if Apple will change the game to shut this down. They seem to love to do that.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I have a feeling that Apple will give us toggles, probably in the Notifications drop down, but you know how Apple does it...very incremental so they can tout it as a big feature.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2011
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Wow, that's slick! One-touch access to Hotspot features works great!

This thread deserves to be pinned IMO.

Ed: I guess they call pinned threads "Sticky" on this forum, in case that term confused anyone :p

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Has anyone figured out a way to do this directly via Safari? If you type prefs:root=Brightness into the URL bar you get taken right to the setting...no 3rd party intermediary. I tried to add a home screen icon for prefs:root=Brightness but it seems pretty much impossible.

And no, the app store version doesn't do it any better.

mms13

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Baltimore, MD
This is cool, I just made a folder with a bunch of them.

The only downside is when you open up safari after, you have a window open for each time you used a shortcut

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
messy & clumsy compared to real widgets.

but its slightly better than clicking a bunch of menus to get there.

apple need to get their finger out on the widgets front , seriously

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
messy & clumsy compared to real widgets.

but its slightly better than clicking a bunch of menus to get there.

apple need to get their finger out on the widgets front , seriously
Slightly better? Christ, people will never take things and be happy. Such a crabby and ho-hum reaction to something that's 70% of the way towards something we've all been waiting for.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
Slightly better? Christ, people will never take things and be happy. Such a crabby and ho-hum reaction to something that's 70% of the way towards something we've all been waiting for.

heh i dont own iphone and widgets are a big reason i will probably go android.

its a shame you embrace such mediocrity. why dont they have widgets already? it really ticks me off because i like iphone a lot.

but such a fundamental feature.. they need to get it sorted or watch potential customers like me go elsewhere . It seems the only way apple will change is if you vote with your feet. I think we've seen that already with the rise of android then apple allowing you to change the wallpaper on your iphone.

competition is good for apple users especially if it makes them improve.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
but such a fundamental feature..
My guess is that the vast majority of iPhone users couldn't care less about widgets and the vast majority of Android users don't use them at all. Tweakers and power users are the minority. Most people want something they don't have to customize or think about, which is why the iPhone has been such a hit.

This is NOT to say I don't want easier access to settings and tweaks.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
The only downside is when you open up safari after, you have a window open for each time you used a shortcut
Hmm didn't even think of that, but I use Atomic as my go-to browser so it's never an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.