QuickReply SMS

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
This program is SO amazing and definitely worth jailbreaking for. I'm sure most of you already know about it, but to those who don't, it's an app that allows you to reply to texts from within any app or the lockscreen. I find it SUPER useful for when I don't want to unlock my phone just to reply to a text. And it works on iOS4 :)

Anyone else loving this app?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
This program is SO amazing and definitely worth jailbreaking for. I'm sure most of you already know about it, but to those who don't, it's an app that allows you to reply to texts from within any app or the lockscreen. I find it SUPER useful for when I don't want to unlock my phone just to reply to a text. And it works on iOS4 :)

bitesms includes this and much more. and they add features to their sms app like every week. well worth the purchase!

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
how does irealsms 3 compare to bitesms? I've read really varying reviews. I'm trying out irealsms 3 right now and am blown away by quick reply functionality period, but maybe bitesms has something even better that I'm not aware of?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Does it work with 4.0 with no probs?
I installed it on an iphone 3G with 4.0 to try out and it seemed buggy and wouldnt do the usual quickreply with the transparent keyboard that used to pop up but it actually opened up the messages app instead when hit reply.
I used it before and loved it and hope it works fine with ios4.0
Even though I cant install it yet cause cydia is getting hammered:D

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Does it work with 4.0 with no probs?
I installed it on an iphone 3G with 4.0 to try out and it seemed buggy and wouldnt do the usual quickreply with the transparent keyboard that used to pop up but it actually opened up the messages app instead when hit reply.
I used it before and loved it and hope it works fine with ios4.0
Even though I cant install it yet cause cydia is getting hammered:D
the keyboard is the solid colored one on mine, but it's not opening the messages app! I love it.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
bitesms includes this and much more. and they add features to their sms app like every week. well worth the purchase!
Quickreply has been adding stuff back in after the 4.0 upgrade. I've been using bite again since 4.0 but I would much rather have quickreply with everything added into apple's app then having a separate one. Not to mention they don't add new feature once a week but at least it's free now with add support.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
with this recent jailbreak i am trying to keep things as minimally jailbroken as possible. I just installed MyWi, would installing quickreply be a burden on battery or performance?

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Whoa, I totally forgot about this little gem. Definitely a perk of jailbreaking.

mb95

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
ok i am not very good with all of these jail breaking stuff and how to use them so bare with me here. ok i downloaded iquickreplysms and when ever i try to use it it puts my ipod into safe mode and i cant use it. does this happen for anyone else and does anyone know what im doing wrong

phatjoe88

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010

My favorite app. Just wish it worked with iPhone4.

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
installed normally just now and receives texts fine, but keyboard doesn't work for replies on my iphone 4.

phatjoe88

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Bitesms works fine on the iPhone 4 if you want to try that.
Just downloaded it. Actually really like it so far.

@josh - Really? i have installed/reinstalled and when I get a text and I hit "Reply" I can't type a reply, all I can do is cancel out of it.

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
my only problem with QR is on the lockscreen with LockInfo, when I tap the SMS, QR opens, but I can't type. Only the Done button is active. anyone else seen this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.