Radioshack Pre-Ordering 4S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RotaryP7, Oct 6, 2011.

1. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Just a heads up, the Shack will be preordering the iPhone 4S tomorrow. Every store. Not a lot of people will be going to a Radioshack to preorder the device, so consider this a just letting you guys know hint.

And yes, same launch date.

2. djcraze macrumors regular

djcraze

See, define Preorder. I worked for RadioShack last year for the iPhone 4 launch and it was a sales person's nightmare. RadioShack never once told their employees that a preorder didn't mean a guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if this happend again this year. Basically what it was last year was Apple gave htem so many tickets, like 3k or something tiny. Once the tickets were used, the other people were SOL. PLUS, even if you had a ticket number, you still weren't guaranteed to get an i4 on launch day. It was horrible. I hated telling customers that I unknowingly lied to them.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol radio shack didn't get any 4's till like 2 months later last year. This the last place I would preorder. Eithe order from you carrier or from apple. Every body else is risky.

4. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know. I was there last year too. I do believe this is an actual preorder. I will confirm tomorrow just to be 100%. I think you have to pay $50 to reserve the phone. I'll check it out before you guys head over there.

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Pay to reserve? What is this nonsense?

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

The 50 goes towards the phone and i heard RS isn't going to have the 64GB.

7. blazinz macrumors regular

the only reason i was considering this was bc out of my three lines two are due for upgrades.. (My wife 3gs and a dumb phone).. Their doing the trade in program also. Making for $150 for my ip4 and $100 for her 3gs trade. Making a new 4s for me $50+tax and for her $100+tax.. And id still keep my personal upgrade for the next iPhone. I called earlier to confirm, which a sales rep did, I'll go tmr to find out for sure. If this holds true and they were getting in stock this time it be a pretty good deal to pass on. I know i could sell n get more just dont feel like putting in the time or the effort this time around.

Any thoughts...

8. JMac1237 macrumors newbie

RadioShack Pre Order Question

Hey-thanks for checking on to see if those are actual pre-orders. I did it through my local radio shack yesterday-Nervous about it considering last years debacle. The rep showed me their actual "order" screen and it guaranteed delivery on 14th and I had 3 business days to pick up item. Fingers crossed. :apple:

9. rkahl macrumors 65816

They did this last year for the iPhone 4. Radio Shack might get 1 per store. Good luck!

10. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Radioshack did not do $50 per iPhone 4 reserve last year. I was there. So in reality there wasn't a guarantee.

It's official. We are getting the phones on Thursday. And every store will have stock depending on how many iPhone's they sell. Some stores might have 10 some 3 and some 1. If you preordered the phone, it will be there waiting for you on the 14th unless they steal the boxes. ;)

You can still preorder with Radioshack until Thursday. You will have to wait until Tuesday, Wednesday of next week since it's late.

So whoever can't find iPhone 4S on Friday, check the Shack. And no, they won't have the 64GB versions in store. They will only ship it to your house for free, 3-5 business days.

11. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

I watched them as well when they put in my order on the screen.

This sounds about right, the rep told me they weren't getting huge batches of phones, just the amount to fulfill the preorders.

12. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Most stores depending if it's an "iPhone" store will usually get more than the preorder stock. But yea, you're good man since you preordered it.

One thing Radioshack isn't doing is preorders for Sprint. They didn't reach an agreement fast enough so no one can preorder with Sprint. We will however, and should have those at launch from what I hear. :cool:

13. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Rotary, I'm not the account holder but I'm an authorized user and I know the last 4 digits of the account holders' social security. Do I need anything else other than my gift card, receipt, and $?

14. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not really. Is it an upgrade? They will ask you for your phone number & zip code to enter the account or last 4 SSN. There they will have to check who the person is trying to get into the account. I honestly never check and I just bypass it but others do. Just bring your ID. If your name is there, you're good. Radioshack rarely wants to lose a sale so you're OK either way. lol.

Plus, the receipt is already an indication that you do have access to that account since the associates were supposed to check & confirm before placing the preorder.

15. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, just an upgrade. Sounds good and yeah, the rep did check my ID and asked me for my phone number, zipcode, and last 4 digits of the account holders' social security when she was doing the eligibility check. Thanks for the help!

16. PPFee macrumors 6502

Hey, I was at the Shack here in New Orleans for a few years, and was a manager after being promoted and took over a store in baton rouge, LA for a short time until i got sick and am now disabled. Anyway, is the POS system showing the actual number the stores have in stock, and if they aren't in stock do they show the actual number that store will receive in the in-transit column when you check a sku number? I am curious if i can have a friend check the quantity so ill know whether its worth trying this or not. I don't want to try to preorder/show up at open if they are only getting 10 and they have 10 pre-orders already. Pm me or just post any info on yall's pre-order process this year and if you can keep track of how many pre-orders were made/compare to whats coming into the store. Im guessing its a special shipment and not just a typical Force Feed shipment right? Thanks. ( Get SPIFFS RIGHT!! haha)

17. apple1fan macrumors newbie

Radioshack

Does anyone know what time today Radioshack will start receiving apple shipments? Just wondering when I can put my mind at ease....:confused:

18. PPFee macrumors 6502

I am not sure at this moment, bus after asking a question of the radioshack employee who posted on the thread and not hearing any response(ok busy week its understandable) I reached out to some old friends at the store i started at and the store i used to Run outside NoLa. I will post updates as soon as i get it.

19. RotaryP7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll check todays shipments. I'll also check the sku numbers of each 4S, maybe see what stores are getting what. Worst case, I'm hearing we might get the shipment in the morning of launch. Hopefully this isn't the case. I'll let you guys know.

20. PPFee macrumors 6502

Thanks, Sincerely. I know a lot of great people in the company, However I could feel a little tension asking favors of people that used to work under me. The people i was close to have no problem with it. But i guess thats another story. Either way, its appreciated.

21. apple1fan macrumors newbie

Spoke to my local RS. My phone is in. He said he is getting Verizon early in the morning and has to come in earlier than expected.

22. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

You might also want to check at Target stores that have a mobile phone area (operated by RadioShack). That's where I'm getting two tomorrow after preordering them last week.

23. Chelebcm macrumors newbie

the manager from my radioshack just called me also. the two 4s I ordered monday are in!

24. mistersh0w macrumors newbie

What's the likelihood they'll have extras outside of pre-orders there?

25. apple1fan macrumors newbie

I would just call your local store. They may have a good idea by now.