Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Remember the iPhone 4?

Remember how Apple told all the users with reception issues (due to Apple's defective antenna design) that they were holding it wrong? I suppose that's OK, because all those users will just get used to holding the phone in an unnatural way after a while, eh?

iOS 7 is the same thing. Blame the user. Expect the user to "get used to it". Clearly we are all at fault, and Apple is infallible.

It's not like one of the selling points of the 4S was a new redesigned antenna system or anything.

-SC

I really don't understand people like you. What did you expect Apple to do? They offered everyone the chance to return it and a free bumper. Since so few people returned it it's obvious they didn't care that much about the issue and just hopped on the bash Apple bandwagon. You expect them to fix it in a matter of days and give everyone a free phone or something? Also, don't talk b.s. I've used ios 7 before. I don't even own an ios device and I was able to figure it out perfectly fine from the little experience I have with ios. I'm sure people will live.

Spidious

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2013
Well I am 56 and love the latest version so far. Sure some programs/games won't open or force close by themselves. But considering the millions ? of programs/games out there. I can see why they all can have a glitch or two...

I can actually see the sales of the new phones increasing. You can have your iPhone and eye candy as I call it at the same time.

Most people I have shown the phone to have said, wow I thought the iPhone always looked so plain. Now it looks really sharp looking...
My wife asked if she could get it on hers. But after I explained it wasn't free to be on the beta team. She said she can't wait to get it when it is available..

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Well I am 56 and love the latest version so far. Sure some programs/games won't open or force close by themselves. But considering the millions ? of programs/games out there. I can see why they all can have a glitch or two...

I can actually see the sales of the new phones increasing. You can have your iPhone and eye candy as I call it at the same time.

Most people I have shown the phone to have said, wow I thought the iPhone always looked so plain. Now it looks really sharp looking...
My wife asked if she could get it on hers. But after I explained it wasn't free to be on the beta team. She said she can't wait to get it when it is available..

I'll tell you what I think Spidious. I think people are just looking for something to complain about. They complain the UI of ios6 hasn't changed in years and that it's the same thing, then when something new comes along they bash it by saying it's half-assed and unintuitive. Personally, I've seen enough pre-product Apple bashing (see iphone 4 and ipad) to know people really have no idea what they're talking about and are just bsing.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'll tell you what I think Spidious. I think people are just looking for something to complain about. They complain the UI of ios6 hasn't changed in years and that it's the same thing, then when something new comes along they bash it by saying it's half-assed and unintuitive. Personally, I've seen enough pre-product Apple bashing (see iphone 4 and ipad) to know people really have no idea what they're talking about and are just bsing.

Complain!?

Here on MR!?

Go figure...:rolleyes:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
My opion is I think is ok to show it off, Since if you go to Apple.com already has a iOS 7 page up with images of iOS7, if they did not want to show off at the WWDC and did just kept the WWDC for the devolpers, and did not post the keynote video, then I would say it would not be ok to show it off.

you and a handful of others would be the only one. I didn't even know people read those agreements lol

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012
I currently live in the Middle East where Android is king, but everyone here always says that it looks much better and they like the additional features. Then after that they continue with Samsung and Android are better. haha. It's kind of a game to them. Anyway, everyone here, so far, seems to like it.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
I wasn't showing off, just checking some things on my iPhone 5, and my (female) friend who has a 4, asked me why my phone interface looked like a "samsung phone" :rolleyes:

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I don't specifically make it a point to show it off, but I've shown a few people stuff like the Safari tabs, new menu style (using Messages), and the parallax. People either thought it was cool, or were indifferent.

And guess what? Not a single word was spoken about the icons! :eek:

Turns out you guys are all making a big deal over nothing :rolleyes: :cool:

----------

9 times out 10 everyone I have shown it to says

"What's the difference?"

Yeah, most people don't really care overall, but they like specific new features if you point them out.

Turns out, real life is the exact opposite of this forum ;)

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Yeah, that's why I prefaced it by stating that. Thanks for reminding me though. :rolleyes:

You prefaced it by stating what ? That your experience means nothing? You didn't preface anything, you simply made a ridiculous statement and now you're being called out on it you're trying to find an out.

"In my experience, people over 30 dislike it, and people under 30 want it on there phone now."

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
I wasn't showing off, just checking some things on my iPhone 5, and my (female) friend who has a 4, asked me why my phone interface looked like a "samsung phone" :rolleyes:

58IDSDN.jpg

But... what? They look nothing alike.

cagcody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
I was at Chili's and sat it down on the table. The home screen was showing, and the waitress walked up, and before she even asked what we wanted to drink she was like, "Is that iOS 7?!?! How did you get it early?" She really liked it.

saldawop

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
You prefaced it by stating what ? That your experience means nothing? You didn't preface anything, you simply made a ridiculous statement and now you're being called out on it you're trying to find an out.

"In my experience, people over 30 dislike it, and people under 30 want it on there phone now."

He prefaced it by saying" in my experience" ? Your experience may be different?

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Lots of jealousy, I'm surprised by the number of friends paying 99 bucks just to put it on their device early. I sent a screenshot of a message conversation to my best friend and within an hour he had paid for a developer account and installed it just off that one screenshot. (all guys btw, even though that doesn't really matter)

You.. know people paying $99 for a beta? Really? You can have someone else register your UDID for free or $2-3 on eBay...

kdarling

macrumors P6
Family picnic yesterday.

Four iPhone users. Three Android. Age: 30s to 80s.

I was listening in when someone brought up the topic of iOS7 and someone else commented that it looked like a bright colored Android theme.

And that was the entire extent of interest displayed in the UI.

There was far more conversation about what apps to download.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Any of my friends I have shown iOS 7 to say, "wow, it looks great!", but then say, "I read online that everyone hates it!" :(

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
Shown a few people now and most hate the look, one called it child like. I don't mind it and everyone will get used to it if you stick with iOS. Its not that bad but yeah the colours are a little too much. Only thing I really dislike is the transaction times, but its a beta and they will get faster. Quick Reply would seal the deal for me, but doubt they'll add it to iOS yet.

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
A lot of people's initial reaction is "You have it?!?"
Most people are wowed and impressed by the features I show them, I did have one guy mention how ugly he thinks the icons are. Which is fair enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.