Reasons why the iPhone 7 will be a BIGGER update than the 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jul 13, 2016.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

32GB of standard storage 256GB highest
    A10 being over 2GHZ/QuadCore
    Much better battery unlike the 6S
    New screen with higher resolution or true tone
    MAJOR Camera improvements. Bigger than the jump from the 4 to the 5 all in 1 generation jump.
    Rumored 3D Touch home button.
    Water and dust resistant.
    Space BLACK iPhone
    ... All the 8 is supposedly having is a curved oled screen with wireless charging and new design. I think the iPhone 7 is going to be the biggest jump in 1 generation. Bigger than the 3GS to the 4.

2. itsray macrumors 6502

how do you know this? you're just speculating right now.

3. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The reliable sources rumors.

4. itsray macrumors 6502

wishful thinking.

5. Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

6. ABC5S macrumors 68040

iPhone 8 will be the biggest jump over the 7. According to reliable resources. See, anyone can do this. ;)

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Any rumors of fast charging? All of what you listed is awesome if rumors are true, but I tested out a Nexus 6P and really enjoyed the fast charging capabilities, would love to see this on iPhones!

8. I7guy macrumors G5

My 6s charges pretty fast at 2.4amps with the iPad charger. I don't charge above 80% and that's where the sweet spot is.

9. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Yeah it's not horrible up to 80%, about 1% per minute. But some phones are charging 0-100% in 1.5 hours. I know Apple doesn't advertise this but it would be nice if they included faster charging.

10. Skika macrumors 68030

Doesnt fast charging have negative impact on battery life overall?

11. Rangers94 macrumors regular

Rangers94

What's the likelihood of a space black iPhone 7? I really haven't seen any reports or rumors about this possibility.

12. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Thats a tough one to answer. I've read that it does and I've read that it doesn't. My recommendation is if the manufacturer includes fast charging then it's probably fine. Apple doesn't claim that the iPad charger provides fast charging but I've used it with my iPhone 6S plus and get about 1% per minute up to 80% then it slows down a lot. On the Apple website, it shows that it's compatible with my device so I don't think Apple would list it as being compatible if it has a negative effect outside of their expected battery life.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Mere guesswork

Leaks says the opposite.

Likely.

I am not seeing the "omgz iPhone 7 will be soon much better at catching Pokemon than iPhone 8 omgz" you are seeing.

14. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

I own a Galaxy S6 for over 9 months now and at first I was afraid that the fast charging would negatively impact battery life on the long term, because it does get quite warm during the 'fast charge phase' (0-80%). But standby time as well as onscreen time are at the same level as when I got it the first day.

Fast charging is an incredibly useful feature. My S6 charges from 5 to 100% in 78 minutes, but what's really great is that it adds 60% in 30 minutes and 75% in 45 min. Just a couple of days ago I used a normal charger at a friends place, 1% per minute. It was like going back to old technology. Apple should really add fast charging to the 7.

15. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

3D touch home button and water resistant both wont happen. The rest will.

16. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

I haven't heard higher resolution. I thought that was next year

17. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Seriously? "Higher screen resolution and true tone" is going to happen, but water resistance won't? Have you been following the rumors at all over the last weeks?

18. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Meh... doesn't matter if you upgrade each year :)

Uh oh....Apple owns me.

19. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Exactly, there's been no talk about this year's getting the new screen. Now if that were to happen, I would jump on this new device right away but I seriously doubt it will when all the reports say 2017.

20. bufffilm, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

I'd say a very good chance.

Why?...because that might push some to upgrading. With the rumors that the ip7 has the same body, Apple needs every little bit to convince people to buy this year.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have heard some speculation.

My guess on that is that Apple is finally giving 'Black' back to the customer as a marketing ploy to sell a phone that otherwise would not sell as well because on the outside it looks nearly identical to the 6/6s.

How many people (myself included) have been clamoring for the return of black? How many of those (not me) who would not otherwise buy the phone because it's only a modest upgrade, WOULD buy because 'Black' is now being offered?

I intend this year to spend any money on a Neucase casing which will give my current 6s+ a Black Matte anodized finish with black antenna bands.

If my guess is correct then I'm not cool with Apple trying to manipulate me into buying over a color they've ignored me about until now.

22. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

if we are going by rumors then the big selling points for the iPhone 8 will be the new form factor and the OLED screen. for the average consumer these are bigger updates than the under the hood specs that they cant see.

23. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

The new leaks show just the same olé for the iPhone colors. Might not be getting a new color this year either.

24. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Many people buy based in form factor, based on that alone, the 8 will sell more than a 6ss

25. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Couldn't disagree more. OLED iPhone screen will be one of the biggest iPhone features ever besides the retina screen on the 4. This one singular feature alone will be more popular than all of the features that the 6ss or 7 will introduce.