RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
A red macbook would be very cool; I dont know if the iMac would do quite as well (its much larger for such an intense color, its in your home)

spicyapple said:
Red MacBook looks good to be more easily spotted by thieves.

If a thief is looking to steal your laptop, I dont think it matters what color it is.

Comment

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Red would take away from the sleek exclusuve image and look tacky. I think it is a bad idea

Comment

rcs128

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2004
I think the red would look a little goofy... kind of like those Ferrari edition laptops someone was making a few years back. Bad idea.

Comment

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
I remember seeing a fake Red MacBook picture before the launch of MB. It certainly looked pretty good to me. I`d really want Apple to bring back some color in their computers. The translucent eMacs and iBooks looked really amazing. This BLACK n WHITE world is just not what I used to associate with Apple. It`ll be really great if they offer us some more color options. (and for a reasonable price too)

Comment

b3beater

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2006
Although for us musicians... it would look pretty cool on stage... just not in my office... :cool:

Comment

AppliedVisual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2006
When the rumor of the red nano popped up a few over in the new MB/MBP update thread got a chuckle out of this possibility. I'm sure others thought of it too and I don't know how much credit this rumor carries.

I can see it happening though. And while red for an iPod nano works, I don't think an MB or iMac would be all red. But rather have red features or accents. Perhaps on the Macbook it would just be red on the inside when you flip the screen up or something. I can't imagine too many people would want to buy shockingly red computers... Apple would sell a lot more if they were lime green, or blue or purple. :D

Oh, and I agree with spicyapple... The red would make it more noticeable to opportunistic thieves.

Comment

tingly

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005
Some Red products have red accents. For instance, red racing stripes on the edges, red apple logo, or red letters on the keyboard. (edit) as I was beaten to the punch in saying :)

Comment

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Its sorta sad that the all mighty ThinkSecret has fallen, now on page 2. I don't think this will happen, as much as I love the looks of the red nano, it would be to big/intense for a MacBook/iMac.

Comment

Konfabulation

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2006
Toronto
®îçhå®? said:
Red would take away from the sleek exclusuve image and look tacky. I think it is a bad idea
I think it owuld have to be matte, or an anodized aluminum finish like the iPod nano to look good. Otherwise it's just tacky.

Comment

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
tingly said:
Some Red products have red accents. For instance, red racing stripes on the edges, red apple logo, or red letters on the keyboard.

Yeah, red text and an Apple logo in red would be good—a Macbook completely and utterly red would be really tacky. But accents...genius!

And a RED iMac—Apple would have to be really careful there. Probably along the same lines as the Macbook, possibly a special keyboard with red lettering and red Apple logo on the front. Totally red Macbooks are tacky, but totally red iMacs are just bad.

Comment

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Look like this:

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 852
Comment

hfdave

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2006
Don't ask me how I know this...

In a weird coincidence, I had MTV on earlier today and I saw this custom-looking red Macbook in a video. Here is the video Cassie - Long Way 2 Go You can tell by the keyboard and the iSight that it is a Macbook, too bad they painted over the Apple logo.

Comment

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
hfdave said:
In a weird coincidence, I had MTV on earlier today and I saw this custom-looking red Macbook in a video. Here is the video Cassie - Long Way 2 Go You can tell by the keyboard and the iSight that it is a Macbook, too bad they painted over the Apple logo.

Colorware'd (Apple Logo removed in post, perhaps)

Comment

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
hfdave said:

I think that's a custom painted one like the one above.

I don't think Apple would go for the white keys and touchpad.

Comment

MacsAre1

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2005
Florida
Is everyone a bunch of red haters or something? I would buy a red Apple Macbook! Especially if they didn't charge extra for it like they do the black Macbook. And I thought the red Ferrari laptops looked great, by the way. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this posting: Finally we'll be able to buy Mac laptops that look as sweet as those Ferrari laptops did!:cool: It's all about individuality. The donation to charity is also cool.

As fas as how much would be red, Apple used to have a ruby red iMac back in the fruity days, and it wasn't totally red. However, judging by the RED iPod, a RED MacBook should be all red with just a white apple logo and anything else they can manage to keep white without looking tacky. (Maybe the inside--keyboard/monitor bezel--white?)

Of course, I already own a red colored backpack (waiting to hold a new Mac laptop someday!) and a red snap-on case for my RAZR. I'm also wearing a red shirt today, by sheer coincidence. So maybe that's just me.

I predict flower power MacBooks coming next Tuesday. :D

Comment

mahonmeister

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Redlands, CA
What if they just give money away for every iPod purchase or something? Then more money would be raised and the consumer could choose something other then red, if they want.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.