Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-::ubermann::-

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
my white macbook already turns heads in my school, if it were red it wouldnt be so different to those colored dells, my favourite color is this, more than black or aluminium
probably because im new mac user and i didnt enjoyed colored macs...

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
autrefois said:
Your point is well taken, I hadn't considered that. It is true that there are people who would not want the money to go to AIDS research (hopefully because they think another cause deserves higher priority as opposed to having misplaced fear/hatred for people with AIDS). I don't think that this is the primary reason Apple chose to do the donations with only one color, but you never know.

It is too bad that there isn't some way to donate when purchasing another color. Yes, it's true people can donate money on their own, but look at how many people don't send in rebate forms even though they will get money (sometimes $100 or more) just because they're too lazy to do so...
Yes, on your first point, being able to choose a product from which some money goes to a good cause is a great idea.

With respect to your second point, I think that the red color is an important part of this product, because the color itself makes a statement and increases awareness of the campaign. If you had a silver iPod, how would anyone else know it was associated with the (Product) Red campaign (incidentally, shouldn't it be called an iPod Nano RED, instead of an iPod Nano (Product) RED?). The red color is a great starting point for a discussion of the campaign.

davem

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2006
shurely they will be more subtle..

Hi,

Iv finally registered so i can join the fun - Hello!

I think something like this is more likely....

Dave

Attachments

• product-24in.jpg
    product-24in.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 711

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
I guess if you REALLY want a red laptop you could just go to colorwarePC and get one from there, but I don't see a reason for RED to put out any red colored computers through apple, b/c it seems like they would cost more than people would be willing to pay.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
OdduWon said:
maybe all they will do is a red stand and apple logo like this (but a billion x better) :eek:
iwakred.jpg
wow! that+ red sides and red iSight enclosure+ red Imac logo on the back would be really cool!

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
yeah, Macbook Bono Version gave it away before i got to the dreaming part. i think any name is better than that even, MacbookRed. Plus, i knew it was fake from the start...there was no Macboo icon :p

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
I don't think anyone has pointed this out, but on apples mac OSX page, you can download icons, and the fact that they include a red macbook in the macbook family tells me there is definately one coming our way.

Yeah, and if you read the description beneath (emphasis mine):

This is a iconset of the complete MacBook Family, including MacBook Pro, MacBook Black, MacBook White and MacBook Bono Version (for this guys, who still dream).

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.