Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Hmm. Don't know what that is.

A search here shows something about Error 32767 being a "general system error" which doesn't tell much.

Will have to investigate it further but have to say no idea about it at this time.
Not clear if script or system related. The page suggests it might be system related.

Have you tried the catch all fix for computer issues of rebooting?

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
upgraded to HighSierra, now the ConfigFactory succeeds
In that case, the error could have linked to the version of Applescript you had. That is, it called something that was not available in that older version.

If you could remember the last thing you saw before the error was displayed, I can try to figure this out. Also, which Mac OS version it was before.

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
@Dayo, it was Sierra.
froma quick testing >
really appreciate all the effort and options being put in the software, the ConfigFactory, but from sofar (it was installed on an external USB Stick) can say it is very slow.
- primary reason to install it in first place was to boot my LEgacy Win10 partition.
- just went "BootBlesser", no further yet: but
1. refindPlus takes up to 1 minute to start
gives 3 OC options, plus direct boot into now HighSierra (MacSSD-Boot) and MacNVME (Monterey)
direct boot of HighSierra SSD would start , but then only Apple Logo and no Status bar, so it probably stalled somehow.
direct boot of NVME fails
choosing OC picker for Monterey - Yes, but
2. loading OC takes another minute
then gives option
1. start MacNVME
2. start HighSierraSSD
when choosing 2 now HighSierra would properly boot, takes another 15 sec. or so;

Up until now, my guess is, the "alternative" installation is more effective, as it loads directly OC, and if i choose "EFI" it goes into Refind (which i really would need only to load Windows 10 legacy, or maybe some Linux instance later on), and the thing goes much quicker, much much quicker.

Probably installing on an internal drive would speed up the things, but today i won't try anymore, will let you know coming days about the results, thanks.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
As with most thing related to this, the answer is in Post 1:
ESPonUSB.png

Separately though, I thought you were on something like Lion or a version of that vintage (Pre Mavericks/Yosemite) as changing from LoSierra to HiSierra should not make a big difference in AppleScript and sort out such an error. You might have some issues to keep a look out for.

the "alternative" installation is more effective, as it loads directly OC, and if i choose "EFI" it goes into Refind (which i really would need only to load Windows 10 legacy, or maybe some Linux instance later on), and the thing goes much quicker, much much quicker.
That is an option to consider

direct boot of HighSierra SSD would start , but then only Apple Logo and no Status bar, so it probably stalled somehow.
That's odd. Booting HiSierra via RefindPlus is equivalent to booting it directly.
Not clear which Mac you have though.
I assume HiSierra is supported on it (MP51) since you expected it to load without OpenCore.
You can raise an issue about that on GitHub if it is supported and sticking with this approach.

direct boot of NVME fails
A boot via RefindPlus is essentially the same as booting directly as said.
So yes, that would fail since it contains Monterey which is not supported on any cMP.
Not sure why you would try RefindPlus for that in the first place. You need to use OpenCore.

loading OC takes another minute
That's because you are booting it out of a "slow" location as indicated.

All said though, you might be better off using the alternative arrangement you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrkapqa

mrkapqa

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Italy, Bolzano/Bozen
Great thing about the RefindPlus is also that it would give the option to directly boot into REcovery via a Click (very handy, and visible in the secondrow, takes away congestion in frontrow), but also this option i havent seen when installing RefindPlus via BootMgr (might have overlooked it) but only with the alternative install;
Yes, it should boot natively as it is MP 4,1/5,1; will do some more testing, also installing internally and letting you know.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
I haven't seen this when installing RefindPlus via MyBootMgr ... only with the alternative install
What shows up or doesn't show up is a matter of what is configured to show up or not show up as the case may be.

In the case of the Mac Recovery tool in RefindPlus, ConfigFactory is set up to configure RefindPlus not to show these. If you use a RefindPlus config file not configured using ConfigFactory OTOH, such as when using a default config file from GitHub, they will show up by default. You can change this in either case as you prefer.

ConfigFactory configures RefindPlus not to show these because this tool, as inherited from rEFInd, is essentially for HFS+ Recovery and the APFS implementation is still a work in progress that I haven't gotten around to completing.

The setup created by MyBootMgr is one where MacOS items are meant to be accessed via OpenCore and RefindPlus tends to minimise reinventing the wheel on such items so to speak. Hence, APFS Recovery functionality in RefindPlus is a low priority item as anyone that needs the functionality can simply load OpenCore to get to it. Will get round to it at some point for completeness though since the HFS+ bit is already there.

Last edited:

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Is there a way of filtering "- Data" volumes from the picker scan?
I presume you mean the scan by RefindPlus.

Either way, your meaning is not exactly clear as every available volume needs to be scanned to determine whether it is bootable or not. Once the bootable volumes are determined, more on this later, they are then displayed for user selection.

If a volume is displayed for selection and you will rather that it is not, RefindPlus has options to achieve this (again assuming that is what you mean). You have to familiarise yourself with the configuration options.

Back to the bootable volumes list, "- Data" volumes should not show up but I did find instances where this was the case and pushed a fix for this into the v0.13.3.AB codebase:

I believe this fix was included in the pre-release version of v0.13.3.AB included with MyBootMgr v082 and is certainly in that included with MyBootMgr 082a. You may not be up to date.

So, "- Data" volumes showing up as a selection option in RefindPlus is a bug. This has been fixed in the current codebase and MyBootMgr was updated with RefindPlus built on the current codebase. In the case of wanting to hide any volumes that show up as boot options, legitimately or not, refer to the RefindPlus documentation. A copy is included in the MyBootMgr folder as part of the ConfigFactory output.

As a reminder though, RefindPlus specific questions are best directed here:

Last edited:

EdMun

macrumors member
May 31, 2022
Otautahi
Thanks Dayo, you presume correctly. I had a MyBootMgr v082 install and tried v082a but still have Monterey - Data volumes as boot options, no problem excluding other volumes in the config. I'll post it on Github tomorrow.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Must still be slipping through in some cases.

In that case, please raise it as a bug as opposed to a discussion item and include the log file.
You might want to raise the log level to 1 from the default 0 for this so as to output a bit more information.

Thanks

PS: Obviously don't filter them out in the config for the debug run.

Sajin7

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
I am very new to this. So forgive my confusion. I read your instructions on the very first post and I want to b3e certain I understand clearly. Does your package install a version of OC? Is that why you occasionally say "no Open core should be installed" on your drives? I have Martin Lo's OC 0.8.0 currently installed on a BS boot drive. So I should remove this and start over using my native Mojave drive that is now "retired" to install this, then put BS back? The ultimate goal is to get my legacy Windows10 and BS drives to work in my system without having to convert my Windows10 to UEFI. Thanks for any advice you can offer at all.

JedNZ

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Deep South
I’ve updated to v0.8.2a from v0.7.9b OC and OC_ALT are both working fine. I’ve also successfully updated to from macOS 11.6.7 to 11.6.8 without issues.

The only issue I am having is booting my Windows11 SSD (in Bay1) from the RefindPlus screen. The Windows icon is showing, but after I select it I get a scrolling screen full of text with multiple lines starting efi_fusion_pairing... and APFSStart ... Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-.... And I can see there is an extra x64_ExFatDxeLegacy.efi file now in the BOOT > drivers folder - do I need to remove that maybe?

Otherwise I'm assuming something in the BOOT > config.conf may have changed from the previous working 0.7.9b version, but I can't see what it might be (a bit over my head despite spending hours trying to troubleshoot). I've attached the two config.conf files, and can upload/share a video screenshot of the text screen dump as it's displayed before the system stops responding, if that helps.

Edit: The Windows11 SSD boots fine under Parallels, so no problems with the SSD or the windows installation itself.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 50

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Does your package install a version of OC? Is that why you occasionally say "no Open core should be installed" on your drives? I have Martin Lo's OC 0.8.0 currently installed on a BS boot drive.
MyBootMgr installs RefindPlus and OpenCore. I was under the impresssion this comes across clearly in the guide.

OpenCore instances implemented using third party tools or processes, may include settings that are not compatible with the MyBootMgr setup. It is therefore best not to have any such third party implementations present when installing and these can be incorporated afterwards if required as long as the incompatible settings are modified. The required modification is explained in the guide.

I don't know whether this setting applies to the Martin Lo setup or not, but the guide would not be a useful guide if it asks users to remove OpenCore when it in fact needs this. Basically, don't second guess the guide and follow what it says.

Reactions: Sajin7

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
The only issue I am having is booting my Windows11 SSD (in Bay1) from the RefindPlus screen.
Please raise an issue on GitHub for this RefindPlus specific issue by using the link in Post 1 under SUPPORT OPTIONS.

Reactions: JedNZ

BigDebate

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2022
In that case, the error could have linked to the version of Applescript you had. That is, it called something that was not available in that older version.

If you could remember the last thing you saw before the error was displayed, I can try to figure this out. Also, which Mac OS version it was before.

config-factory-failed.jpg

ConfigFactory.app fails with:
MyBootMgr-ConfigFactory-fails.jpg

"The command exited with a non-zero status. (1)", after I answered a lot of questions.

As far as I can see no /Users/Shared/MyBootMgr/EFI folder was created.

I attempted to successfully run ConfigFactory.app a few times, yesterday, and, after a 5 chime nvram reset, I attempted to run it again today.

"Script Editor.app" version 2.10 on HIghSierra installation.

SIP is disabled and EnterRecovery.app says "SIP is already disabled ..."; I clicked "cancel" so it did not boot into recovery.

Mac Pro 4,1>5,1
Boot Rom MP51.0089.B00
macOS 10.13.6

The machine is new to me; I do not know what operating system was on it before I created a HIgh Sierra admin account on it.

A hard disk drive that is not the "Startup DisK" from which I am booted while attempting to run ConfigFactory.app is installed in the machine. That other drive has a bootable mac os x 10.7.5 installed on one of its partitions.

UPDATE:
PROBLEM RESOLVED. ConfigFactory.app completed.

Last edited:

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
So it now completes but previously failed immediately after the PCIe query?

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Updated MyBootMgr to v083
See change log in Post 1 for details

BigDebate

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2022
So it now completes but previously failed immediately after the PCIe query?
THANK YOU for replying.

I had already tried changing my answers to other queries, in an attempt to complete ConfigFactory.app, but I had not yet tried changing my answer to the PCIe query. When I CHANGED MY ANSWER TO THE PCIe query, ConfigFactory.app completed, successfully.

Thanks, again, for replying.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
When I CHANGED MY ANSWER TO THE PCIe query, ConfigFactory.app completed, successfully.
I see. Please try the v083 release to see if still failing on your originally preferred answer.

freqrider

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2019
Latest v083, I get this error??????????? :) MacOS 12.4 on a 3,1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.57.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.57.01 PM.png
    452.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
I don't understand the question or the need for a million question marks.

freqrider

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2019
I did it for you because I know how much you like them! 😁 Refer to picture as to error I am getting.

Dayo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 21, 2018
Well, it does come across a bit on the rude side but NVM.

That error was there for a while after fixing something else.
It was fixed and re-uploaded shortly afterwards.
You can download again and retry.

Reactions: freqrider

freqrider

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2019
Well, it does come across a bit on the rude side but NVM.

That error was there for a while after fixing something else.
It was fixed and re-uploaded shortly afterwards.
You can download again and retry.
I’m sorry, I keep forgetting devs dont have a sense of humor :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.