Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

specify

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
You don't have to sign the two year contract to buy it, it's easier to unlock, and the data plan isn't forced on it, because it's easier to lock. for the 3G you have to sign the contract still, and products are known to be returns that have scratches

So if you use it on ATT, they won't force the data plan on you?

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
So if you use it on ATT, they won't force the data plan on you?

Well, if you already have an existing plan with at&t or any other GSM carrier, you can unlock the phone and use your current plan on it. No contracts to be signed, no data plans to be added

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I came from Verizon and barely know what a SIM card is...If I get one of these 4GB iPhones can I take the sim card out of my 16gb 3g iphone and put it in the 4gb edge iphone? Does it do any harm putting the sim card from my 3g in the the edge only version? Thanks guys

**EDIT:Is it me or is it taking longer for the refurbs to come back???

Shame on Verizon for not using SIM Cards. :mad:

Thank god i am on T-Mob.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I just checked and mine is prepared for shipment with a delivery of Dec 22 - 24! woooo! I had an 8GB on T-Mobile a couple months ago but sold it ( for a lot more than what I bought it for ) and I just miss it so much. Thanks again for pointing it out gkarris!

Mine shipped today!

Also, they upgraded the shipment to PRIORITY OVERNIGHT! :D

Will get it first thing Monday morning!!!

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I'm jealous of everyone that got one! I was really trying to get one for my dad for Christmas because he's been wanting one forever and is on T-Mobile, I'm hoping they will come back but since the page has been taken down I'm losing my hope :(

r00

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Wow, I just checked mine again and I also go priority overnight!

Ship date
Dec 20, 2008
Estimated delivery
Dec 22, 2008 by 10:30 AM

Woooo!!!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I don't see it happening, the page has been taken down.

Doesn't mean they won't be offering them again.

Makes sense for Apple. I hear people online taking their old 4 Gigs in to be replaced, and if they don't have the 4's, they get an 8. Also, I would imagine that people are keeping them as spare parts for ones out of warranty.

So, with less in circulation, you end up with more as spares, so why not put them back into the field to generate revenue for AT&T and/or Apple?

I can see the 8's get to the refurb store when those start getting older...

I JUST GOT MINE!

Pics to follow...

jmcgarrell

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2008
Boston/Beverly, MA
I opened it up - EVERYTHING IS NEW!!!

They must have put a totally new shell on the phone - plus has a new serial number.

Wow, what a deal!

Yes, they put a new shell and a new battery in the refurbs same for ipods.

They probably have a new serial number, so when its looked up the serial pops up as a refurbed model not the original.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.