Released my iProcrastinate app, for free!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Littleodie914, Aug 13, 2006.

1. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Apparantly Leopard will include an iCal API. Definitely integrate iProcrastinate with that... the to-do's would appear in iCal and in Mail's To-Do box, but "live" inside iProcrastinate.

2. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

you do realize that lazy people won't use this because they're too lazy

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

4. _Matt macrumors 6502

Yes. The procrastinators will procrastinate when it comes to using iProcrastinate. This could be a very serious situation. :D

5. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hmm... Quick q... Could someone direct me towards a tutorial showing how to create tables you can re-order? (I mean the row values, not the columns. Like iTunes lets you.) Thanks! :)

P.S. I survived being dugg, and am currently working on the next version. :cool:

6. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

You're lucky today was Sunday; there's nothing like having thousands of lonely tech people (who have a case of the Mondays and have nothing better to do) go on Digg.com and come across your site and soak up its bandwidth like a bone-dry sponge dropped in a puddle of water that should've been keeping California cool when it was really hot about a month back.

I digress. Again, you're lucky. :D

7. cazlar macrumors 6502

I could give you some sample code for doing it using the "old-fashioned" datasource way, but not sure how useful that is if you are using CoreData. Instead, cocoadev (a great site to pick up loads of good tips) had this which may help: http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?ReorderableArrayControllerAndCoreData

8. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

[​IMG]

Good job though!

9. TheSailerMan macrumors member

I've gotta say, this is an awesome app. I used iCal last year to keep track of my school projects, but it didn't really seem to help me much. However, iProcrastinate seems like and app that I will be able to effectively use for my last year of high school, all of college, and maybe even after!

The only thing I'd like to see added is a way to have automated reminders for one week before a project is due, 2 days before, the day before, etc.

By the way, I'd be more than happy to create a different icon for you, just let me know what you want it to look like (like a description or base picture to work with), and I'll try to get it to you by the end of the week. (Keep in mind though, I'm nowhere near a professional graphic designer, so it probably won't look as perfect as other apps' icons.)

EDIT: I forgot how busy I'll be this week... it's possible I would be able to get you an icon by the end of the week, but I definitely can't guarantee it.

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I'm surprised the app even got started in the first place! :)

11. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

just downloaded it. cant wait to use it for school.

12. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

If your interested, unique visitors shot up by 16,000. So roughly 16,000 people either viewed the image, downloaded the app, or both. :D

13. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Are you saying that because it's summer and we have no homework in summer? But on the contrary. It's released in perfect timeing with the schools around here. They are all back in session. :D k-12 grade.

14. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Awesome app man really like it and I'm sure it will help alot in University,

P.S. I dugg,

ShadoW

15. diametric macrumors regular

diametric

Oh my golly. A mini-widget maybe, alarms for assignments due tommorrow, etc. Other than that, I love it. Already using it.

16. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

That screenshot of Schoolhouse looks all slick and professional, but at first glance (a) I can't see how I'd use it to track sub-to-do's that go along with assignments, and (b) it just seems too cluttered for a simple task.

17. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hey guys, thank you all so much for your support, I'm working on version 2, it should be out later this morning. :D Got quite a few fixes and enhancements in it that miiiight just be worth looking at. ;)

Again, a big thank you to XIII, there's no way my puny site would have survived 16,000 visitors :)

18. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks, that makes me feel better about mine. :eek:

19. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Don't worry about his app. Work on your app and make it how you want it done. Then add spiffy graphics and stuff later :)

20. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

21. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Alrighty guys, new (and much improved) version's up and ready to go! Give it a shot any let me know what you think. (Many user-requested features have been added, check to see if yours is in there!)

Don't forget to digg it! :cool:

22. Littleodie914 thread starter macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Woah guys, I just got a request for a radio interview in South Africa over the telephone! I think I'm going to do it, and maybe post the audio on the site if it sounds good :D

23. iCheese macrumors regular

Very cool application. Like someone else mentioned, you should fix it so the window reappears when you click on the icon in the dock, after hiding it. I am going to be using this when my next classes start :)

EDIT: A suggestion, I know you have a ton of other ideas and fixes you are already working on, but it would be cool if you could somehow make it so myself and other people with multiple computers (like a laptop and desktop) can synchronize their homework lists. Maybe an import/export homework list option?

24. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

No prob. I'm of the philosophy that (a) necessity is the mother of invention and (b) tools are there to help you get things done the way you want to do them, not the other way around. I don't want to learn a new way of thinking, I want a tool that helps me use my existing system, but faster and better.

You probably wrote this app because YOU needed something to help YOU think the way you do. It happens that a lot of us think the same way, which is why you're getting so much positive feedback. Some of your negative feedback is from people who just don't think the way you and I do, and that's just fine -- somewhere out there is a tool that is better suited for their needs.

Sadly I can't use your app yet (no Tiger) but I'll check it out one of these days :) And I'm actually looking for a Windows equivalent (remember: keep it simple) for tracking my to-do's at work. Any suggestions, anyone?

25. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Looks really cool! Too bad I don't have 10.4, otherwise I'd use it (and I'm sure I'd use it a lot :) )