Remaining Logged In?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Huntn, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It seems like since the "event" here at MRs, I can no longer stay logged into MR for longer than 5 min or so before being automatically logged out. However on my iPad I seem to be permanently logged in. Is there a way for me to fix this (stay logged in) on my Mac with Firefox? Thanks.

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Give clearing the browser cache and deleting cookie(s) for the site a try, FF here always keeps me logged in.

3. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Can't comment on Firefox, but I have no problem staying logged in on Safari. I did have a problem from the 'MR hack' till very recently, to post on MR. It would run ok for a while, anywhere from a couple of minutes to ten or fifteen minutes, and then accessing the forums would just slow to a crawl; sometimes Safari would time out, before the page would load. I'm cautiously optimistic that problem has been 'licked'.

I'd say check all your sys-pref settings, or try Safari for your MR surfing. If that doesn't solve it, contact Arn.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hi Huntn,

There shouldn't be a widespread problem. Can you try a different browser and see if it happens in other browsers?

email me at arn@normalkid.com and we can troubleshoot it more.

arn

6. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll let you know. Thanks! :)

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

It appear that clearing the cache and deleting cookies has solved the issue so for for today. What is strange is that I thought I had Firefox set up to do this... Such as keep cookies until I close firefox and unchecked "remember history".

Thank you all for the help! :)

8. Jalopy macrumors member

I've been experiencing the same problem. I log in and then have to log in again to post a reply.

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

What browser are you using?

arn

10. Jalopy macrumors member

I tried logging in one time only when posting a reply. Seems to work. I'm on Firefox.

11. ms.mousette macrumors newbie

ms.mousette

I think this happened to me earlier today. I tried to post a reply but had to log in again to post. After logging in again, the pre-submission post seemed still to be OK and I stupidly did not copy and paste because I did not expect a problem. That post has not appeared (and I have not received any warning that it was inappropriate in any way) but another post in a different thread that I made a few minutes later appeared immediately.

The first post took a long time to put together with information, links and attachments so I would rather that it is held in moderation somewhere in the ether than that it has simply disappeared.

I don't know how to long to wait to find out if it is queued up somewhere before starting over trying to replicate it.

Liz