Remote Unlock (Factory Unlock) available for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fener, Apr 11, 2011.

1. fener macrumors regular

Just came across new* news of Remote Unlock for iPhone 4, which basically turns your locked iPhone 4 into a factory unlocked one. From web:

Reports have been trickling in the last few hours via my email, IMs, etc that there is a new remote unlocking via IMEI available for all GSM iPhones

This is just on top of the Gevey like sim interposer unlocks, but of course WAY better!

Anyone tried this? Any experience/knowledge?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

3. fener thread starter macrumors regular

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I heard of this... They site that does it hacks your IMIE number into Apple's database.

Negri Electronic is the company that's doing it.

6. SirStrumalot, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

$175 ... Wow that's steep! Wonder if this actually works...

Edit: i just realized that this is a service provided by Negri electronics... They're a legit company and I'm pretty confused right now :s

7. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

They said once you're unlocked, you stay unlocked forever?

How do they know this for sure?

8. fener thread starter macrumors regular

More and more popping up:

CutYourSim is offering a permanent and "legit" remote unlock for any iPhone on any carrier for $169.99.

-----
    We are now able to offer the first permanent remote iPhone unlocking solution. It is very easy, and can be done with three simple steps.

9. fener thread starter macrumors regular

One more thing...

This actually is NOT solely for iPhone 4. It WILL unlock ALL iPhones, even the aluminum one.

10. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Ya, I doubt it. Let's see some forum members who have some time on this site contest to this. I'm not going to be the One to test it. :)

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd be vary cautious to something like this. Stinks like a scam to me but if in doubt wait and see how it goes with other people before risking your own $180 IMO.

12. Skika macrumors 68030

They basicaly pay Apple to put your phone on the unlocked list or something like that, there are many some who do this here(EU) for various carriers, so its nothing new.

13. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

It's definitely legit. Big question is if the unlock would stay when you perform a restore/software update. When you do one of those, your iTunes contacts Apple's servers to get an activation key based on your IMEI number.

Tuck

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How do you figure its definitely legit and if it is why wouldnt stay after a restore/update? An officially unlocked iphone is unlocked for good.

15. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Well the issues is Apple could conceivably remove the unauthtorized IMEIs quite easily at some point in the future. However if one intercepts the NCK Unlock code that iTunes sends the phone on the activation step, then one can have a permanently unlocked iPhone regardless of what Apple does. Of course if for some reason you have to get the iPhone exchanged, you'll be SOL.

I'm hoping the dev-team makes some progress on the brute-force method, so that we can have unlocks at any baseband without having to pay nearly $200 for the privilege.

16. kenny01 macrumors newbie

Honestly, ***** dev-team already. I've been waiting for proper unlock for 6 months now, hoping dev-team would do their usual business. Instead they keep doing all the other things but unlock, I'm fed up with them.

Yes go on with your arguments I should have known that there might not be a way to unlock my iphone I don't give a flying f about that because the damn phone here is about $350 more expensive than in the US.

Seriously, check out MuscleNerds twitter and the amount of people desperately waiting for unlock and he barely gives a damn, I mean... 02.10.04 baseband hasn't been unlocked for how long 6 months? I don't even want to count and that's IMO plenty of time to do something.

Sorry for the rage, I really had to get it out somewhere, but I am pretty sure those who have been waiting for so long will understand.

I bought the unlock for $174 today. I don't care anymore, I just finally want to use my iphone. Will let you guys know if it works.

17. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^rage purchase! :) nice!

Do let us know if it works. It would be nice to see before screen shots of your devices imei and such so we can see that it is actually unlocked(if it happens).

18. MacBacker macrumors member

19. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Oh man that's steep! I can get mine officially unlocked for 15.00 GBP = 24.4307 USD and that's it unlocked forever. It's a shame Apple wont do the same in the US.

20. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

21. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

What was your order number? Mine is in the 800s. I wonder if that means they have done 800 unlocks already.

22. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Nope - it means 800 have asked for them :rolleyes:

23. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

24. kenny01 macrumors newbie

Guys, I just received message from the guy who does the unlocks and it works. After I did restore and connected my iphone4 to itunes, it showed up "congratulations" screen saying my iphone4 has been unlocked. tried texting and it works so yeeeey! Also even tho it is not expected that apple will block the unblocked IMEIs there's a workaround for that as well, so if you have locked iphone are you sick of MuscleNerds bullcrap this is the way to go. I guess don't wait much until apple finds out who is the person behind this and this method stops working. It's abit steep I agree, but man.. after 6 months of waiting... it just feels awesome....