Remove dark gray gradient from bottom of wallpaper

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by M33-1, Aug 7, 2010.

1. M33-1 macrumors member

How do you remove the dark gradient at the bottom of the home screen? I'm using winterboard with glasklart icon.

2. geque75 macrumors regular

Not sure if this is what you are trying to accomplish... if you are talking about getting rid of gradient background when setting pictures as your home/lock screen then you will need to SSH into '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUI.frameworks/' and copy this file into that location. Respring and you are done.

Attached Files:

3. M33-1 thread starter macrumors member

You rock! This did exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I am sure you have better things to do.

Do you know if there is a reference manual somewhere indicating what the different png system graphics affect? This would be a great tool for modding.

4. geque75 macrumors regular

Not a problem. I have actually asked this same question on the board and no one was able to help. So, it took me a little time to find the right file to change. The gradient affect that came native to the iPhone drove me crazy.

I am new at this as well and have not seen a manual. I did download a program that allows you to view the .png files as they are encrypted. This helped me to find the right file to modify.

5. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

Does that take away ALL of the gray gradient on the homescreen so its just the wallpaper? or just the bottom?

6. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

7. geque75 macrumors regular

When you click on the image link, it will open in a new window. When the window opens, go to select all. This will highlight the image, then, depending on your browser, right click and save as.

8. Tombumbler macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks for this thread - no more ugly gradient messing up the bottom of my wallpaper :D

9. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

will that file work on the 3gs (if i rename it)?

EDIT: works (after removing "@2x"). thanx!

10. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Worked a treat, thank you.

11. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

Where does the file go if you are using Winterboard?

12. THE dAY macrumors 6502

With Winterboard, put the image in your Theme/Bundles/com.apple.SpringBoardUI folder.

13. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

THANK YOU to both the OP for making this thread and to geque75 for the fix! That has been driving me crazy! :D

14. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Funny, this path didn't work for me, but this one did: Theme/Folders/SpringBoardUI.framework/

Figuring this out drove me crazy. I use winterboard to set a wallpaper image, so the gradient doesn't get applied. This gradient only appears when using the Settings application and the wallpaper menu to set your wallpaper.

15. philip in al macrumors regular

Can someone please post the image from above again? It doesn't show up when I click the link.

Thanks

16. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Right click and 'save target as'.

17. philip in al macrumors regular

Thanks, I think I did it right. Now is there a way to use iFile to put it where I need to? I've never replaced a file before.
    Thanks again

18. jluce50 macrumors regular

19. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

20. philip in al macrumors regular

Thanks again, but this brings up another question. Can you please tell me how to use the link above to get the theme on my iphone? I do have Winterboard and also iFile. I've never used iFile; except to just look at files.
    Thanks

21. philip in al macrumors regular

Can anyone please tell me (please), how to use this link to get this theme into the phone, so that I can use winerboard to enable it?

22. geque75 macrumors regular

Download the file via the link above. It is a .rar file so you will need 7-zip or another program to extract it. Once the file is extracted, you will SSH the folders into '/private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX'. Open Winterboad, select the new theme and respring.

23. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Everyone seems to like using that lengthy path with the confusing .xxxxx in it. I can just see all the questions on .xxxxx Like mine doesn't say .xxxxx what do I do?

Just place your themes in /Library/Themes

24. geque75 macrumors regular

Fair enough... the reason for themes.XXXXXX is that not all themes folder end with the same letter/numbers. I have never used Library/Themes so this is a great shortcut for me to know.

Thanks

25. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan