Remove dark gray gradient from bottom of wallpaper

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
How do you remove the dark gradient at the bottom of the home screen? I'm using winterboard with glasklart icon.

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Not sure if this is what you are trying to accomplish... if you are talking about getting rid of gradient background when setting pictures as your home/lock screen then you will need to SSH into '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUI.frameworks/' and copy this file into that location. Respring and you are done.

Attachments

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Not sure if this is what you are trying to accomplish... if you are talking about getting rid of gradient background when setting pictures as your home/lock screen then you will need to SSH into '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUI.frameworks/' and copy this file into that location. Respring and you are done.
You rock! This did exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I am sure you have better things to do.

Do you know if there is a reference manual somewhere indicating what the different png system graphics affect? This would be a great tool for modding.

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
You rock! This did exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I am sure you have better things to do.

Do you know if there is a reference manual somewhere indicating what the different png system graphics affect? This would be a great tool for modding.

Not a problem. I have actually asked this same question on the board and no one was able to help. So, it took me a little time to find the right file to change. The gradient affect that came native to the iPhone drove me crazy.

I am new at this as well and have not seen a manual. I did download a program that allows you to view the .png files as they are encrypted. This helped me to find the right file to modify.

Nickel Dime Bay

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
Does that take away ALL of the gray gradient on the homescreen so its just the wallpaper? or just the bottom?

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
How do i get the image? I cant download it
When you click on the image link, it will open in a new window. When the window opens, go to select all. This will highlight the image, then, depending on your browser, right click and save as.

Tombumbler

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Awesome, thanks for this thread - no more ugly gradient messing up the bottom of my wallpaper :D

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
Worked a treat, thank you.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
With Winterboard, put the image in your Theme/Bundles/com.apple.SpringBoardUI folder.
Funny, this path didn't work for me, but this one did: Theme/Folders/SpringBoardUI.framework/

Figuring this out drove me crazy. I use winterboard to set a wallpaper image, so the gradient doesn't get applied. This gradient only appears when using the Settings application and the wallpaper menu to set your wallpaper.

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Can someone please post the image from above again? It doesn't show up when I click the link.

Thanks

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks, I think I did it right. Now is there a way to use iFile to put it where I need to? I've never replaced a file before.
Thanks again

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks again, but this brings up another question. Can you please tell me how to use the link above to get the theme on my iphone? I do have Winterboard and also iFile. I've never used iFile; except to just look at files.
Thanks

philip in al

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Can anyone please tell me (please), how to use this link to get this theme into the phone, so that I can use winerboard to enable it?

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Can anyone please tell me (please), how to use this link to get this theme into the phone, so that I can use winerboard to enable it?
Download the file via the link above. It is a .rar file so you will need 7-zip or another program to extract it. Once the file is extracted, you will SSH the folders into '/private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX'. Open Winterboad, select the new theme and respring.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Everyone seems to like using that lengthy path with the confusing .xxxxx in it. I can just see all the questions on .xxxxx Like mine doesn't say .xxxxx what do I do?

Just place your themes in /Library/Themes

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Everyone seems to like using that lengthy path with the confusing .xxxxx in it. I can just see all the questions on .xxxxx Like mine doesn't say .xxxxx what do I do?

Just place your themes in /Library/Themes
Fair enough... the reason for themes.XXXXXX is that not all themes folder end with the same letter/numbers. I have never used Library/Themes so this is a great shortcut for me to know.

Thanks