Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ytech

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2015
My iPhone was stolen back in february, since than it was on pending lost mode... by now I realized I will not see it again so I removed it from my apple id and from find my iPhone, now I saw that the activation lock was disabled which means that someone can re-use it, but the fact that I removed it from my account also removed the password it had?

Thanks in advance

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I really hope you wiped the phone remotely before you removed it from iCloud, otherwise anything you had on the device can be used.

ytech

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2015
I'm pretty sure you made a mistake by removing it from icloud lock. Now its free for anyone to use. Why would you do that?
I did it because I know there is 0% chance that I will get the device back, therefore there is no reason it will be associated with my Apple ID, it has been offline for over two and a half months..
I really hope you wiped the phone remotely before you removed it from iCloud, otherwise anything you had on the device can be used.
I did wipe it remotely, off course it was pending, anyway it has a strong password on, not the 4/8 digits pin rubbish
BTW,
In my opinion whoever took it put it in to recovery mode, so now they will be able to use it, but my data is safe, correct?

Chatter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Uphill from Downtown
Well if you wiped it, your data should be fine. Apple servers will wipe it the second it connects to any wifi. But wiping it and removing icloud lock removes the need for a password to access/use the phone since there is no activation lock.

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.