Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFin

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
If the new iPads are coming out with M4 chips, you can bet the next Macs will too—looking at you, Mac Studio and Mac Pro. It just wouldn’t make any sense for Apple to show off these slick, AI-ready M4 chips at "Let Loose" and then go back to M3s for the pro gear at WWDC. That would seriously mess with the vibe, like telling the pros they’re second string.

So, here’s my take: Apple’s going to flip the script this year. They’ll roll out the Pro models first, then ease these chips into the consumer Macs later. This would be a big win for the pro crowd who’ve felt a bit left behind with the timing of past upgrades. If iPads are rocking M4 chips in May, I’d count on seeing that same tech in the Mac Studio and Mac Pro at WWDC. It’s the only way Apple can keep the hype real across all their devices without dropping the ball for the pros.

Reactions: gusmula

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
  • Seventh-generation iPad mini: A refreshed iPad mini is said to be in the works featuring improved performance thanks to a faster chip, but it is not due to be announced next week.
  • New Macs: While the new iPad Pro models may contain the M4 chip, a processor that will later come to the Mac, Apple is not planning to unveil any new Mac models at the "Let loose" event.
Amazing how todays article about what might not show up changes the prediction to “may contain the M4 chip“, after stirring up so much discussion about that. Still think the iPad mini will show. It’s a lower price and is highly popular. Also think it’s possible to see a Mac Mini update as well as iPhone SE 4th gen get announced to boost sales this time of year. Gurman can stick to his possible product predictions but Apple needs more announcements to fill a up to 2 hour time slot for the event. There is even a chance to see a updated AirPod Max maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: AppleWes

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Why do some people on this thread get so bent out of shape about what Gurman says?

Isn’t this site called Mac RUMORS? Would you honestly think an Apple insider has ALL the right predictions. Stop complaining.
True and fair point.

IMO he just comes across having a smug know it all attitude when in reality nearly all of his predictions have been said by many other less popular vloggers/fan websites. Media love to use his click bate quotes presenting them as facts, but I know it's all about views.

Last edited:

mukiex

macrumors member
May 31, 2016
Just announce Street Fighter 6 for Apple Silicon iPads using the same RE Framework for the 4 Remake and Village, and I'll be good!

(yes, I know won't happen, let me dream)

dtuck90

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
what about Apple TV? I've noticed that the ethernet version has gone totally out of stock at Amazon UK, Very and Currys

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
So a new iPad Air can come, good, might buy one.
As I realized that it could be time to trade in my old iPad mini 5th gen, before I get nothing for it (as I did with my old 2013 Air, that is as good as dead now.
I could return it to source/Apple for a free recycling though, at the same time.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The Mini needs a much better screen!!

It does NOT need "a faster chip"

Wth is wrong with Apple?
It will be a couple of more years before we get OLED unfortunately. However, that faster A17 or A18 chip will bring console gaming to the mini like the 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max currently have. Not that everyone is interested in doing that, but for those who do, you’ll probably have that option.

Reactions: wbeasley

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
what about Apple TV? I've noticed that the ethernet version has gone totally out of stock at Amazon UK, Very and Currys
There haven’t been any rumors pointing to a new Apple TV release this month. I would imagine Apple would try to get an A18 into it so that would mean September at the earliest.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
Okay, since it’s Mac RUMORS site, I’ll start one. Rumor has it Tim Cook will be stepping down because Apple products have become stale, behind in tech, and include zero innovation. Rumor…? Only you can be the judge of that.

Gurman, and the other guy, make their living off of speculation. They’re no better than the stock investors who intentionally ‘sell’ opinion to the public to drive up their own personal gains.

With that said, I’ll be curious to see the event and products talked about. All without Gurman’s speculation.

Reactions: wbeasley

Squirrrrel

Suspended
Apr 24, 2024
I mean who cares right? Is this negatively affecting you? It’s a rumors site buddy. That’s what he does. Do you get angry at Mel Kiper when he is wrong about what team drafts a player. It’s part of the gig.
What do you mean angry? I clearly used the word love in my comment.

brofkand

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2006
I think they'll have a different direction on it. Cook said "we believe we have advantages that will differentiate us in this new era"
He just means they design their own silicon. But that’s not as big of an advantage as it was a few years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.