Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Apple.com is now letting you reserve iPhone 5s online and pickup in store. It's currently working right now. Just tried it.

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,034

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Yep. Just saw one store in my Area has 16gb White AT&T phones. Too bad I already found one today.

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
There was Space Gray available for pickup at The Grove and Pasadena. No Gold though :(

Versed

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
There was briefly a 16 GB ATT Gold in Ohio -Eton. No other golds anywhere else I checked (entered some random zip codes).

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
How quick do their systems update? I wonder if it's worth taking a trip to an apple store even though it's showing unavailable

ohjustjake

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone know the best time to do this online? In another thread both 9 and 10pm were tossed around, and I'm wondering which time I should really try for.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Can you buy them from the Apple store off contract with Verizon? It only seems to allow you to upgrade or start a new contract with Verizon. I only see T-mobile allowed off contract.

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
What happens when you add when to the cart? Does it reserve for you or if someone is faster they will get it?

That's a good question I forgot how last year worked. Your best bet is to be quick about it to ensure the phone is yours

----------

No silver or gold in the LA area. Just space grey

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Can you buy them from the Apple store off contract with Verizon? It only seems to allow you to upgrade or start a new contract with Verizon. I only see T-mobile allowed off contract.

Depends on the store. Definitely cannot reserve though.

Last year one let me while another did not.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
I'm glad I can't get one until next Monday. I think by then stock will be more plentiful and I should be able to order online for next day in store pickup pretty easily. Or maybe there will be no more iPhone 5s's at all by then LOL. I'm looking for AT&T 32gb Silver or Gold. I may have to stop in before then to check out the gold one.

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
They are showing only 16 or 64 gig Space Grays at my store. Bigger. What's with the shortage of 32s? It shows October as the earliest pick up for Gold and Silver. But I'm fine with gray. It's grown on me since Friday but I still want the 32!

navindralr

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
looks like the only AT&T iPhone 5S available in NY is the 32GB Slate.. good thing that's the exact one I wanted... picking up as we speak @ Grand Central

----------

What happens when you add when to the cart? Does it reserve for you or if someone is faster they will get it?

It's not really a reservation system, because you're actually paying for it. You just have to pick it up. SO I would assume they have to hold it for you indefinitely (within reason) since it's already paid for. Much better than last years reservation system in my opinion.

JTausTX

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Nothing except some 64GB Space Gray available anywhere near Dallas - that includes every Apple store from San Antonio and Houston to Little Rock.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009

I think it reserves it for you.

The Culver City Apple store had 16GB AT&T Silver in stock when I first checked. The store hasn't opened yet but it no longer shows inventory.

Makaveliarts

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Lol Glad I ordered online, the closest Apple store to me, like 2 and a half hours away, doesn't even have 16gb space grey in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.