Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antiga

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2020
Let me know if you found improvement to game stutters as well.
So the only game I occasionally play seems to be running time now. It had a terrible frame rate before but I can’t tell you for certain how often it was happening. But I haven’t experienced it yet in this beta.

Reactions: turbochgd

MagicMiguel

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2020
After a week of traveling and heavy use (and just passing the 5 day uptime mark) on 16.4b3, I still have not seen a single swipe home stutter. It’s also looking like the squared notifications might be fully fixed in b3. The small stutter when an app goes into the dynamic island that Zollotech frequently mentions still happens once in a while, but this one doesn’t bother me as much. Nice job, Apple - iOS 16 might finally be getting close to a product ready for its initial release 😂

Last edited:

Misos

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2022
Not sure about you, @antiga, but I think it is safe to say they FINALLY fixed the swipe home stutter, the gameplay stutter, and the squared notifications in 16.4.
Gameplay stutter still there, at least with genshin. But the home swipe stutter seems to be gone like you said.

MagicMiguel

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2020
Gameplay stutter still there, at least with genshin. But the home swipe stutter seems to be gone like you said.
Did Genshin have stuttering issues on iOS 15 as well? Some of the games I've played have always been a little laggy - even on the Mac. Jetpack Joyride 2 is a great example. Several people have asked me to try Mario Kart because apparently it didn't stutter before iOS 16 and a reboot fixes it for a while. I have seen no stutter on Mario Kart at all since I started using the 16.4 betas.

Reactions: FILIPSN007

colinw123

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2013
I don’t have any icons on the main screen, they are to the right and onwards, when I unlock and swipe to the right I get lag quite a lot even on the latest beta.

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
do you think it makes sense to install the ios 16.4 RC? or wait for next week for the official one?

willdude

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
I had been away from this thread for a while, because the stuttering had basically stopped for a long time, but it's recently come back fairly regularly. Oddly, its return seemed to coincide with me now using the Home app for the first time, after getting a HomeKit Secure Video camera. Hopefully the public release of 16.4 fixes it as it seems to have for y'all.

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
guys after updated to ios 16.4 remotely, it lags me again for a few hours when I open the background menu to close the apps. 14 Pro Max

Reactions: FILIPSN007

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
any advice guys for this stutter on my 14 pro max? it seems that only i am having problems with 16.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.