Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antiga

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2020
but you don't have this problem anymore? strange that only me with ios 16.4 has gotten worse
If you mean very specifically the stutter that happens when you swipe up to go home, then yes, I don't have this problem any more. I've been on 16.4 for weeks (a month?) and haven't had one. Several others too.

You would be the only person to report it that I've seen so far.

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
If you mean very specifically the stutter that happens when you swipe up to go home, then yes, I don't have this problem any more. I've been on 16.4 for weeks (a month?) and haven't had one. Several others too.

You would be the only person to report it that I've seen so far.
Is there a way to fix it other than doing a hard reset? Help

Aria29

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Recently purchased iPhone 14 pro and updated to 16.4. No stuttering when switching to Home Screen or App Library but still some subtle fps drops while scrolling Facebook or playing games which Ironically my old iPhone 11 did not have a problem with.

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
guys I noticed that when I changed my home background the lag problem reappeared with that type of image.
I put another photo back and it seems that annoying lag has disappeared and is it normal?

Reactions: johnnyxhuynh

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
guys I noticed that when I changed my home background the lag problem reappeared with that type of image.
I put another photo back and it seems that annoying lag has disappeared and is it normal?

Personally I wouldn’t try to dissect the reason and take the win. I know how frustrating that lag can be so if you’re no longer having it that’s great.

Misos

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2022
Does anyone still have stutter/ fps issue on 14 pro series while gaming? Thanks in advance.
Yea it still stutters on my iPhone 14 pm. Tried it with Genshin and it still stutter when it doesn’t on my iPhone 13 pm running iOS 15.7. At this point I’m just waiting for iOS 17 to see if there’s any changes.

Reactions: Aria29

Aria29

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Yea it still stutters on my iPhone 14 pm. Tried it with Genshin and it still stutter when it doesn’t on my iPhone 13 pm running iOS 15.7. At this point I’m just waiting for iOS 17 to see if there’s any changes.
Yep my iPhone 14 pro stuffers from fps drop and stutters on some games as well which my iPhone 11 run fine even on iOS 16. I feel it has to do with ios not properly optimized to run games on phones with 120 hz screens.

yudilks

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2006
I believe the stutter is 99% if not 100% fixed. I never experience it since I updated to 16.4. And 16.4.1 has been good too. Same with square notification bubble.

This what iOS16 should have been since the first release.

It's not perfect though, still have UI quirks in Photo app during viewing photo and then change the phone orientation. Looks like the phone is "confused" with portrait and landscape orientation.

kayuz6

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2022
I believe the stutter is 99% if not 100% fixed. I never experience it since I updated to 16.4. And 16.4.1 has been good too. Same with square notification bubble.

This what iOS16 should have been since the first release.

It's not perfect though, still have UI quirks in Photo app during viewing photo and then change the phone orientation. Looks like the phone is "confused" with portrait and landscape orientation.
It needed some time to fix it eh 😅😅

drrazee

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2022
guys, to stop the lag from appearing, I have to set a blurred background. It magically disappears, while if I remove this option, the stuttering remains

Reactions: johnnyxhuynh

severi

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2022
I‘m on 16.5 Public Beta now and i don’t know, it’s not as smooth as i’d like it to be. Maybe i’ll downgrade back to 16.4, could definitely be a beta thing that reintroduced some of the lags

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.