Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Is this still a thing? Is it safe to update now?

Also, does everyone have square notifications??

Godeatgod

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2023
Is this still a thing? Is it safe to update now?

Also, does everyone have square notifications??
I haven't had one in ages, and it seems to be the same for most people.
Even if it would happen, it would be so rare it doesn't matter... you're missing out of all the new features instead.

Update!

Reactions: turbochgd

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I had a different 1 off on my 14 pro max yesterday where it froze and the screen would not come on at all. Then everything happened everywhere all at once and it was fine.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Jayson, just update. You won’t regret it. And 16.6 is still in beta not officially released yet. 16.5 is good believe me and I’m a fuss like you.
I updated my wife’s old SE2 and it’s glitchy. I can’t get the notification count view to work, dunno why and when I swipe up on the Lock Screen the clock sometimes moves up, sometimes disappears and comes back and sometimes disappears. It’s just glitchy. Plus, squared notifications would really bother me.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I know that this is considered fixed now but I got the issue for the first time today. It was happening on every window I closed. I rebooted my phone and it went away. I'll see if it reappears.

I also noticed some sluggishness in scrolling through screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.