Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
HI! As it turns out, I can't pre-order the iPhone SE from Apple because they require you to pay the past due account balance (I'm not responsible for paying that; the balance is insanely large due to personal things.) What retailers are offering iPhone SE pre-orders?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Yeah Apple is kind of funny like that. Stiff them out of money and they're a little reluctant to sell you something until you make right and pay what you owe

I'm not sure anyone is allowing preorders. Just wait until they're generally available.

I found out that it's not just Apple. Everywhere I've checked requires you to pay the past due balance before you can upgrade. Luckily the person responsible has a payment plan worked out with Sprint to pay on or shortly after April 4th.

And no one is doing pre-orders besides Apple. It's a bit strange isn't it?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
HI! As it turns out, I can't pre-order the iPhone SE from Apple because they require you to pay the past due account balance (I'm not responsible for paying that; the balance is insanely large due to personal things.) What retailers are offering iPhone SE pre-orders?

Why do you feel you are not responsible for meeting your obligations in the contract?

Reactions: 12vElectronics

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
If you owe someone or some company money, pay up.

Why do you feel you are not responsible for meeting your obligations in the contract?

I should have clarified that I'm not the account holder (I'm a minor), that my dad is the one who is going to pay the past due balance when he has the funds available, as he has a payment plan worked out with Sprint.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Currently the only way to pre-order is through Apple or a Cell company. All the other smaller mall style retailers will get their pick after it launches I'm sure.

If you would have had TMobile you can open a new line (even a data line works) and that will raise your credit limit on the account. You only have to have the line open for 4 months and then you can cancel that line. It all depends however as you have to pay a $12 fee a month for the line. Honestly saving $50 over the course of 4 months and getting it when you can afford it is a smarter option.

Maybe Sprint can do something similar. Some time ago I broke my phone but I wasn't due for an upgrade and I couldn't wait the weeks it took for the warranty to process. So we opened a second line, turned my primary into a data line (ended up getting an iPad on that line not too long after), and I was able to get a new phone that day. When I received my insurance settlement I used it to pay off the balance of my older phone. If I would have had a backup phone then I could have waited and saved like $40.00 at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.