Returned my rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peteullo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. peteullo macrumors regular

I have decided to return my rMBP after a few days of playing around with it. I love the computer but I personally feel that it is not 100% ready yet. I installed Mountain Lion to see if it would help with any of the sluggish graphics and it did, but not enough for it to be unnoticeable for me.

I feel like lots of every day tasks were very sluggish and jittery.. Especially scrolling on certain web pages, sometimes even in iTunes, as well as 90% of the time I used mission control. I noticed the problem even more when having the application opened in full screen.

I would have loved for this computer to be perfect but as hard as I tried to adjust and convince myself it could be fixed in a future update, I just had to say no.

So to my 2010 15" MBP I will go.. It will have to suffice another year.

I just hope next year Apple gets the rMBP as close to perfect as possible.

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

Could you not of tagged that message onto one of the other "I am returning my RMBP" threads, rather than start a new one lol

Thanks for letting us know though! :rolleyes:

3. A7ibaba macrumors regular

A7ibaba

It's sluggish while u surfing certain web pages and on certain tasks ?!Really? LOL.Mister,u are really fooling yourself or u are master of trolling.

4. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Whoever think the OP is trolling... Is overdose with Apple Kool aid. You have to admit that any Apple 1st gen product is a Beta testing for the future release. The OP is just sharing his experience with 1st gen rMBP. And hope the 2nd gen will fix all the kinks.

5. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

I personally just felt it didn't perform up the the standards expected from a $3,000 computer.

I love how the word troll gets thrown around so loosely on this forum. Especially by the people who seek out opportunities to call a poster a troll. I believe this would make you the troll.. Would it not?

6. jcpb macrumors 6502a

They don't read, they post.

7. benguild macrumors 6502a

I feel like they're going to fix this problem. To be honest, it doesn't even really bother me considering the massive resolution. I'd rather have the computer now then have had to wait or get a non-Retina machine instead.

8. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Oh yay, another random guy crying because facebook doesnt scroll at 60fps.

Oh and for the record, its all about the software, which can only improve.

Windows on this machine is also astounding. Its the best browsing experience I've ever had on any computer ever made, and it wasnt even intended for use with it. Thats using the stock IE9 browser as well, so god only knows how buttery and beautiful it is using something like Chrome.

My guess is its down to the scaling involved in running at "best for retina", but even then, the "lag" is only experienced in the browser, and it has very little effect on actual use.

Again, repeating what other people have said, stop being so anal and enjoy the damn machine. People arent capable of reading as quick as they scroll to cause the "lag", so moaning about it just makes you look silly.

9. tekno macrumors 6502a

So there's a lot of them then? Well done Apple, another stellar product.

10. hjoneshjones macrumors newbie

No, you missed the biggest point. I love how you were called a troll when you specifically said you were going back to your 2010 Macbook. How in the world are you a troll when you are still a mac user? I can see if you said you were going back to your PC. The kool aid sippers run wild in these forums. I've been on this sight for years but barely post for that reason.

11. The "Dude" macrumors regular

I have no idea why you would have had that experience. My rMBP screams through everything I throw at it. Eh, to each their own.

12. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

Do you have a link to Apple acknowledging the lag problem?

13. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

And I've decided to keep mine after 2 weeks because it's perfect in every way.

14. softwareguy256 macrumors regular

Ask for a tracking number and buy it back refurbished :)

15. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I have never owned a computer that doesn't occasionally lag on some web pages. Certainly there's more of it on my Mac Mini than on my rMBP.

If the OP is claiming that performance is better on his 2010 MBP, sorry, but I don't believe it for a minute.

16. peteullo thread starter macrumors regular

Did I claim anything was better on my 2010 MBP? I'm just saying I am holding out for something more deserving of the $3000+ I'm willing to spend on a computer. And for now this will do.

17. dbam987 macrumors regular

So right now the Apple Store theoretically should have a refurbished MBP+R on hand?? {hustles to the apple store's refurb'd Mac's page to procure one man's "trash"} :D

Edit: Someone must have already bought it... :(

18. stuaz macrumors 6502

Depends how you look at it really. There are a bunch of people complaining yes, whether there complaints are justified is a whole different matter........;)

19. zerotiu macrumors regular

I had waited mine for 3 weeks and read every complains in mbp section. It made me worry. After I got mine, I don't experience any of the complains. My suggestion, make use of 14 days policy and don't listen 100% other people's complaints.

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

As I see it, that person is out of line. No question about it.

21. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Interesting. Mine has none of the described problems. I also can't install Mountain Lion since it won't be available until later today. I guess the poster has inside contacts. Or maybe he ordered the rMBP knowing he couldn't afford to buy it and just wanted to play with it. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

I'm just glad I never saw any of these issues.

22. tekno macrumors 6502a

You're right, the customers' complaints might be wrong. After all, what do Apple users know?

23. sireShonBohn macrumors regular

I think your original post is not entirely correct. You went into "troll" territory when you said "lots of everyday tasks" are laggy. That just isn't true. Opening and closing MC doesn't count as a "task", exporting a file from Illustrator counts as a task for me and the screen has no effect on that operation.

I sincerely doubt the hardware is the issue causing lag here. GPU's these days can do 2D scaling operations at insane speeds. Once Apple's software developers have everything optimized I think we'll see the rMBP meet all expectations.

24. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Yes, 15 people on this forum are returning their rMBP, out of the thousands that bought them. There is a clear issue.