Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasmynp

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
East Coast, USA
But my credit card bill is due in 30 days and I pay in full so I have no finance charge. If I return it by jan 7 will Amex send me a refund check for overpayment?

Only if you ask. It's usually posted as an account credit. If you don't use that credit for an extended period (60-90 days I think), they contact you and send you a check.

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
Bizarre & if you go by the receipt, that is indeed all the time we have. My online chat rep yesterday also told me 14 days from purchase but I didn't yet know about the online return date showing as different or would've asked. It sounds like some kind of glitch where the right hand isn't talking to the left.

I made a screenshot last night too. If I can fit it in, I'll swing by an Apple store tomorrow after a doctor appt. since I'll be near one. If I go, I'll take a print out of the screenshot along with my original receipt to see what I can find out.

Alright, just closed this out - I decided on going with my first option. Basically, I just bought a new ipad online from the apple store and scheduled it for in-store pickup.

I just returned the ipad I had previously for a refund. And picked up the one I ordered from Apple.com.

The whole process took about 10 minutes and was super painless. Seconds after the rep in the retail store scanned the new ipad I ordered from apple.com - I logged in and seen the 'eligible for return' date as January 7.

Took 15 minutes to restore my backup from the previous air, I'm back up and running - and happy as a clam!

Thanks for your help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.