iPhone X Returning iPhone on upgrade program.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enrincon89, Sep 28, 2018.

1. enrincon89 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

Has anyone return or exchange a defective iPhone with the iPhone Upgrade Program?

2. sportykid2332 macrumors regular

I just exchanged the other day. I essentially returned the defective phone and purchased the new phone on a new upgrade program. Because it was within 30 days, there supposedly wasn’t another hard credit hit.

3. off_piste macrumors 6502a

I’m going to have to do that to change sizes. Tried the Xs but I find myself still reaching for my 8+ due to the size. I don’t think I’m a fan of the narrow screen. Unfortunately there’s no Xs Max stock and it’s a couple weeks out.

4. Wags macrumors 65816

Return your iPhone and it cancels UP. An exchange would just get new.

5. enrincon89 thread starter macrumors regular

How long did it took for your upgrade eligibility to reset and re order the new phone?

6. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I received my upgrade kit on Tuesday, sent it out from the FedEx store on Wednesday, and on Thursday I got an email from Apple saying my trade-in was complete and the old loan was closed. The trade in was as smooth as the ordering and shipping of the new phone. This year Apple gets 5 stars.

7. sportykid2332 macrumors regular

It was instant for me. They processed the return and then a few minutes later processed the new IUP purchase.