Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I think folks like to find others to complain to and make a statement that they are so fed up with said product that they felt the need to return it and hope to find others that will commiserate with them. If that makes them feel better, so be it. Sometimes it's best playing the "wait and see" approach prior to making a pricey purchase.

J

Exactly. I just don't think they realize that nobody cares. Read up on the product and make an educated purchase. If you don't like it, return it and move on with your life. We don't need another thread to talk about it. These forums are becoming a joke.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
@DNichter

Is it any different than the reverse that happens all the time? (i.e. here's why I'm buying/bought XYZ?)

If there's substance to it, I enjoy reading what thought process led others to buy/sell a given product. It's just a forum and it's one type of the many discussions on here, right?

Honestly, if it's not your thing, why not cruise right past a thread with this sort of title?

thisismyusername

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2015
Exactly. I just don't think they realize that nobody cares.

Clearly that's not the case as this thread is 4 pages long. The OP has every right to voice his/her opinion. Nobody's forcing you to take part in the conversion or even read the thread if you don't want to. Personally, I like these kinds of threads (along with the opposite "I just bought and I love it" threads) because it helps me make an educated purchase just like you're suggesting people do.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I like these threads. Mainly cause it is one thing to have someone who is a professional reviewer to tell you their opinion. Vs an every day Joe like me that uses it. And tells me what they like and dislike about it. So I find these threads much more informative.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I like these threads. Mainly cause it is one thing to have someone who is a professional reviewer to tell you their opinion. Vs an every day Joe like me that uses it. And tells me what they like and dislike about it. So I find these threads much more informative.

I guess I just don't see how saying "I am going to return it because my ATV 3 does everything I need" is really that informative.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
@DNichter

Is it any different than the reverse that happens all the time? (i.e. here's why I'm buying/bought XYZ?)

If there's substance to it, I enjoy reading what thought process led others to buy/sell a given product. It's just a forum and it's one type of the many discussions on here, right?

Honestly, if it's not your thing, why not cruise right past a thread with this sort of title?

I'm guilty. I like reading the posts for some reason. I have no problem with people voicing what is good or bad about the product. But the start of the thread simply just said I am returning it because my ATV 3 does everything I need. Just seemed a bit pointless and redundant to me. I am probably a bit too harsh though and see everyone's points. Let the return threads go on forever.

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I have an ATV3, and feel no need to upgrade. However, I think that it is extremely important that everyone who did purchase an ATV4, and then decided to return it, start a new thread about it. Absolutely nothing can be as urgent and necessary as this.

Reactions: DNichter

Bigredhunk

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2015
I have no problem with people stating opinions - positive or negative. I too like reading what actual users are saying about products. But shouldn't there be a master "I just bought my ATV4" and/or "I'm returning my ATV4" thread(s)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.