Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Got my royal blue 42mm one a couple of days ago and its a perfect fit. Well, it wasn't at first but that's because I was trying to put it in upside down....

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
So it seems like the last few people who have received bands, they have fit. Hoping this means that whatever was going on has been fixed!

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I've held off ordering a black nylon band until now because of the quality issue, but if it's been fixed I'll probably go ahead and order.

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
I have just sent back my 2nd Pearl Nylon. This time one side clicked into place, last time neither did. Perhaps 3rd time Lucky?

To be honest I think I'll call it a bad job or try at a shop where I can try it out.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Black nylon band for my 42mm SS arrived today. Both parts of the band clicked into place without forcing.

This is what I've been seeing lately, hopefully the initial issues have been corrected. I just hope to finally be able to see some of the nylon bands in person, we don't have a local Apple Store and neither Best Buy nor Target ever have them in stock. I want to see them up close and in person before deciding which color I want!

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
The Target I was in, to check on the the sport band clearance colors, said they were expecting some new bands next week. Thought they were the nylons coming in. Their Apple Watch band end aisle display shows the nylon (scuba blue). Hopefully soon. I also like to see the colors in person first so understand. I have the Pearl and Black and if I like the scuba blue in person will pick that one up too.

jalm1

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
I went into an apple store today to get a woven band, the sales rep tried all three royal blue's in stock (opening every box) and none of them would lock on the buckle side. Most of the display bands wouldn't lock on that side either. He mentioned they had reports of issues with the pearl and royal blue but thought they had been resolved. Hopefully new stock will fix this issue (as some have reported).

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I just picked a Black Nylon Band a couple hours ago and so far so good. No fit issues and I really like that my wrist is able to breathe! The sport band gave me a rash on my wrist for the longest time. This band should be much better :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Was just finally at an Apple Store Friday and tried all of the nylon bands because I was looking at colors against my rose gold watch and also at fit. All of the display models fit like a charm, no issues sliding the lugs in or out and no issues with the magnet. I purchased the pink nylon band and again, no issues. I opened the box and put it on in the store, no issues. I'm pretty certain that whatever issues there were with the lugs on the nylon bands have been fixed.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I was finally able to get a royal blue band last week that snaps into place without having to bend/twist/shimmy the lug into place. Hopefully the issue has been resolved.

BSG75

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
Got the Royal Blue band for a birthday gift and it fit in SS perfectly. My Pearl band, however, does take some effort to slide in.

FlyGuyDEN

macrumors regular
May 20, 2014
Denver, CO
My husband had a pink nylons band. I had the issue with it refusing to come out of my watch without great force. The AS here in Denver was well aware of the problem and replaced it without question even though it was past the 14 day policy (we've had it for a few months, he wasn't wearing it because he didn't find a comfortable fit) and we got a yellow sport band instead.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Just asking, but who is the manufacturer of the AW nylon bands ?

Also remember Apple had issued with the classic buckle band and are now on rev 3 or even 4..

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Just asking, but who is the manufacturer of the AW nylon bands ?

Also remember Apple had issued with the classic buckle band and are now on rev 3 or even 4..
What were the issues with the classic buckle?

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
What were the issues with the classic buckle?

Rev 1 (and possibly rev 2) were made by the Dutch Ecco company.. Both rev 1 and rev 2 had no stitching and this was added with the last rev 3. With rev 1 the problem was sides coming off. I have a rev 2 in both black and being aan don quality problems. Rev 3 looks IMHO much better because of the stitching, but I wish they used a white thread....:)

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Rev 1 (and possibly rev 2) were made by the Dutch Ecco company.. Both rev 1 and rev 2 had no stitching and this was added with the last rev 3. With rev 1 the problem was sides coming off. I have a rev 2 in both black and being aan don quality problems. Rev 3 looks IMHO much better because of the stitching, but I wish they used a white thread....:)
Interesting, I picked up a used classic buckle and I'm not sure which rev I have but it doesn't have stitching down the sides.

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Interesting, I picked up a used classic buckle and I'm not sure which rev I have but it doesn't have stitching down the sides.

I wouldn't worry too much and just enjoy it. Which color do you have ?

Black: Rev 1 in black leather had a black leather outside and black lining too. Rev 2 had a beige lining. Rev 3 is same as Rev 2 but with added stitching.

Beige: Rev 1 of the saddle brown band never existed but got a first autumn 2015 release with a beige lining. Rev 2 also has added stitching.

Hope this helps :)

Black Rev 1 http://justnowupdates.blogspot.nl/2015/06/classic-buckle-band-for-apple-watch.html and http://www.imore.com/classic-buckle-band-apple-watch-review

Saddle brown rev 1:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ase-with-saddle-brown-classic-buckle.1914654/ and https://superphen.co/2016/01/30/rev...assic-buckle-15-us-itunes-gift-card-giveaway/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.