Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which of the following annoys you the most?

• Notifications are inconsistent

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • "Hey Siri" not working at all

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Dictation not working at times especially with longer responses

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • 3rd party apps

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • "Friends" button

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Sticky crown after a while.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Poor connection to wifi or Bluetooth device

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Band or watch skin reaction

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Tap getting weaker overtime

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Screen freezes

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I find these issues on my watch after 3 weeks of use. Initially, everything was going smoothly with minor concerns. Tried EVERYTHING. now I'm pass returns. Calling Apple tomorrow.

Is your watch still working as it should be?

Cpt. Gilgamesh

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
USA
Only thing I think I may notice is a weak haptic feedback with notifications, but the prominent haptic option seems to solve that issue.

I'm sorry that you seem to have all of these issues with your Watch; not sure what the forum could do besides recommending normal troubleshooting or repair.

Reactions: upnorth85

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
It seems like all of the above annoys YOU so Return it, something is obviously wrong with your watch.........simple

Reactions: jbachandouris

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
None of the above.

In fact the only one of those I've even experienced is a sticky crown but only once and it sorted itself out within a day, didn't even have to wash it.

If all of those things bother you then maybe the watch isn't for you. I mean, I know I'm replying, but if it's that bad for you do you really need anyone else's opinion. I think you've made your mind up on your own.

ifarlow

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Georgia
Hey OP, can you add an option to your poll that states, "People posting help me make a decision topics or posting the Apple Watch is an epic failure topics or posting hey everyone I'm returning my watch and I wanted everyone to know topics" so I can select the option that annoys me most.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I find it hard to believe those that say none of the above. Personally I've not experienced any of them but one that I have and I'm sure others have is the sluggishness of third party apps. That said I appreciate this is to be expected right now and should be rectified with Watch OS2 when native third party apps are allowed.

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
To be completely honest, I was shocked at how slow 3rd party apps are.

Still keeping the watch, I really like it in spite of that.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
To be completely honest, I was shocked at how slow 3rd party apps are.

Still keeping the watch, I really like it in spite of that.

Same here. The pros far outweigh the cons for me. I knew what to expect from the initial launch and there would likely be updates to follow to address any issues. I think Watch OS2 will bring a lot of improvements.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I feel like these stupid threads pop up every other day.

Don't like the watch? Just return it or sell it. It's that simple.

Don't like the thread? Just don't click it. It's that simple.

Do you honestly expect, or even truly want, members of a forum that discusses a company's products to quietly return a product without discussing the issues causing the return? News flash: that's how issues get discovered and solved. They do not get solved by silently returning the product with no reason given.

ATS

macrumors regular
May 7, 2015
North Carolina
My Apple Watch works very well with the exception of Siri ignoring me every so often, but I'm used to that in real life anyway, so it's all good.

Reactions: PirateP

Jack426

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
The only issue I've had was with my watch not receiving notifications, which was easily remedied by turning off and on "Allow Notifications" on my iPhone.

I think every issue can be fixed to "some extent"...

My Apple Watch works very well with the exception of Siri ignoring me every so often, but I'm used to that in real life anyway, so it's all good.
Lol!

You: Hey, Siri! Are you listening to me?
Siri: Hmm? Did you say something? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

x-android

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2015
hmmm... i have all of the above but i'm optimistic about watch os2.

the sticky crown? it goes away...

the band reaction? i had to loosen my watch. it was snug before. however, i find it sliding down to my wrist when i sweat.

my feeling towards the watch is neutral. i guess i was just used to having my apple products work fluidly on launch until i sell it.

im hoping for more on watch os2 though. i feel like the presentation was lacking something. i can't put my finger to whatever it is though...

my advise: suck it up! hope for the best. you chose to support 1st gen.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
I really wish the mods would merge all the 'returning my watch' threads into one There really is no pint in announcing to the world that you're returning it. If you have an issue(s) that you want help with, then fine.

Ok help me then. Maybe I didn't do everything. :D

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
I don't think it's anybody's job here to convince you , to sell you or to help you, do what you want, return the damn watch ....I don't think anyone cares..... these threads announcing that the poster returning the watch, WTF??

… I just don't get their purpose, other than to stir up negativity...

Reactions: jbachandouris

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Hey OP, can you add an option to your poll that states, "People posting help me make a decision topics or posting the Apple Watch is an epic failure topics or posting hey everyone I'm returning my watch and I wanted everyone to know topics" so I can select the option that annoys me most.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015

I wasn't putting the watch down nor being a spoiled whiny ******. I just want to know if anyone else is having all those issues and put them in one thread. Good for people that have the watch working perfectly. But for someone having trouble, it's a bit hard to scour for every problem and solution. Maybe something useful will come out of it for people having problems.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I wasn't putting the watch down nor being a spoiled whiny ******. I just want to know if anyone else is having all those issues and put them in one thread. Good for people that have the watch working perfectly. But for someone having trouble, it's a bit hard to scour for every problem and solution. Maybe something useful will come out of it for people having problems.

Here's the thing... are you an early adopter of first generation Apple products?

Because, many of the things on your list can be written off to early adopter issues. Your screen freezes sometimes. Big deal. This is a thing that happens with first gen stuff. If I had returned my first gen iPhone the first time I had my screen freeze (or the 40th, for that matter) and if everyone else had done it too? There wouldn't be an iPhone right now. It's just the nature of the early adopter thing.

If my Apple Watch screen freezes, I just reboot the damned thing and go on about my business. It doesn't happen often enough for me to be concerned, especially since we don't even have watchOS2 yet.

If it bothers you? Return it already. I think you should anyway because it sounds like you got a dud. And you're allergic to it. The one thing mine has given me zero issues with entirely is my ability to wear it without breaking out in a rash or some such. I also haven't had my crown stick and I cannot say as I've had taps growing weaker over time (that seems more like you got used to it than it actually got weaker, but maybe yours did since it seems to be a dud).

The others have all happened to me at least once or twice. No big deal, really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.