returning or selling watch is imminent.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ben_Dover, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Which of the following annoys you the most?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2016.
  1. Notifications are inconsistent

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. "Hey Siri" not working at all

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Dictation not working at times especially with longer responses

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. 3rd party apps

38 vote(s)
    52.1%
  5. "Friends" button

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Sticky crown after a while.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Poor connection to wifi or Bluetooth device

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  8. Band or watch skin reaction

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. Tap getting weaker overtime

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  10. Screen freezes

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

I find these issues on my watch after 3 weeks of use. Initially, everything was going smoothly with minor concerns. Tried EVERYTHING. now I'm pass returns. Calling Apple tomorrow.

Is your watch still working as it should be?

2. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

None of the above.

What model do you have and how much you want for it? Given the problems you seem to have I'll make my opening offet $50.

3. Cpt. Gilgamesh macrumors regular

Cpt. Gilgamesh

Only thing I think I may notice is a weak haptic feedback with notifications, but the prominent haptic option seems to solve that issue.

I'm sorry that you seem to have all of these issues with your Watch; not sure what the forum could do besides recommending normal troubleshooting or repair.

4. malochico1 macrumors 6502

I feel like these stupid threads pop up every other day.

Don't like the watch? Just return it or sell it. It's that simple.

5. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

It seems like all of the above annoys YOU so Return it, something is obviously wrong with your watch.........simple

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Your watch is defective. You're also possibly allergic to it.

7. AS90 macrumors regular

AS90

8. Cpt. Gilgamesh macrumors regular

Cpt. Gilgamesh

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

9. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

None of the above.

In fact the only one of those I've even experienced is a sticky crown but only once and it sorted itself out within a day, didn't even have to wash it.

If all of those things bother you then maybe the watch isn't for you. I mean, I know I'm replying, but if it's that bad for you do you really need anyone else's opinion. I think you've made your mind up on your own.

10. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Hey OP, can you add an option to your poll that states, "People posting help me make a decision topics or posting the Apple Watch is an epic failure topics or posting hey everyone I'm returning my watch and I wanted everyone to know topics" so I can select the option that annoys me most.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I find it hard to believe those that say none of the above. Personally I've not experienced any of them but one that I have and I'm sure others have is the sluggishness of third party apps. That said I appreciate this is to be expected right now and should be rectified with Watch OS2 when native third party apps are allowed.

12. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

To be completely honest, I was shocked at how slow 3rd party apps are.

Still keeping the watch, I really like it in spite of that.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Same here. The pros far outweigh the cons for me. I knew what to expect from the initial launch and there would likely be updates to follow to address any issues. I think Watch OS2 will bring a lot of improvements.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Don't like the thread? Just don't click it. It's that simple.

Do you honestly expect, or even truly want, members of a forum that discusses a company's products to quietly return a product without discussing the issues causing the return? News flash: that's how issues get discovered and solved. They do not get solved by silently returning the product with no reason given.

15. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I have none of these issues. The only thing that annoys me is the unreliable activity tracking since the upgrade.

16. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

My Apple Watch works very well with the exception of Siri ignoring me every so often, but I'm used to that in real life anyway, so it's all good.

17. Jack426, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

The only issue I've had was with my watch not receiving notifications, which was easily remedied by turning off and on "Allow Notifications" on my iPhone.

I think every issue can be fixed to "some extent"...

Lol!

You: Hey, Siri! Are you listening to me?
    Siri: Hmm? Did you say something? :rolleyes:

18. x-android macrumors newbie

hmmm... i have all of the above but i'm optimistic about watch os2.

the sticky crown? it goes away...

the band reaction? i had to loosen my watch. it was snug before. however, i find it sliding down to my wrist when i sweat.

my feeling towards the watch is neutral. i guess i was just used to having my apple products work fluidly on launch until i sell it.

im hoping for more on watch os2 though. i feel like the presentation was lacking something. i can't put my finger to whatever it is though...

my advise: suck it up! hope for the best. you chose to support 1st gen.

19. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I really wish the mods would merge all the 'returning my watch' threads into one There really is no pint in announcing to the world that you're returning it. If you have an issue(s) that you want help with, then fine.

20. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

Ok help me then. Maybe I didn't do everything. :D

21. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

If it was that simple problem would've been sold

22. Glene macrumors 6502

I don't think it's anybody's job here to convince you , to sell you or to help you, do what you want, return the damn watch ....I don't think anyone cares..... these threads announcing that the poster returning the watch, WTF??

… I just don't get their purpose, other than to stir up negativity...

23. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

24. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

I wasn't putting the watch down nor being a spoiled whiny ******. I just want to know if anyone else is having all those issues and put them in one thread. Good for people that have the watch working perfectly. But for someone having trouble, it's a bit hard to scour for every problem and solution. Maybe something useful will come out of it for people having problems.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Here's the thing... are you an early adopter of first generation Apple products?

Because, many of the things on your list can be written off to early adopter issues. Your screen freezes sometimes. Big deal. This is a thing that happens with first gen stuff. If I had returned my first gen iPhone the first time I had my screen freeze (or the 40th, for that matter) and if everyone else had done it too? There wouldn't be an iPhone right now. It's just the nature of the early adopter thing.

If my Apple Watch screen freezes, I just reboot the damned thing and go on about my business. It doesn't happen often enough for me to be concerned, especially since we don't even have watchOS2 yet.

If it bothers you? Return it already. I think you should anyway because it sounds like you got a dud. And you're allergic to it. The one thing mine has given me zero issues with entirely is my ability to wear it without breaking out in a rash or some such. I also haven't had my crown stick and I cannot say as I've had taps growing weaker over time (that seems more like you got used to it than it actually got weaker, but maybe yours did since it seems to be a dud).

The others have all happened to me at least once or twice. No big deal, really.