returning or selling watch is imminent.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ben_Dover, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Which of the following annoys you the most?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2016.
  1. Notifications are inconsistent

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. "Hey Siri" not working at all

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Dictation not working at times especially with longer responses

15 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. 3rd party apps

38 vote(s)
    52.1%
  5. "Friends" button

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Sticky crown after a while.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Poor connection to wifi or Bluetooth device

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  8. Band or watch skin reaction

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. Tap getting weaker overtime

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  10. Screen freezes

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

That has got to be a lemon, I'd get Apple to exchange it for a new watch, you really shouldn't have issues like that.

2. LucasEVille macrumors regular

LucasEVille

Poor battery life kills even thinking of this product for me, which is a shame... I was looking forward to ditching my Garmin Fenix 3 for everything except the most demanding multisport activity.

3. cwerdna macrumors 6502

Depends on what you define as "poor". Sure, compared to normal watches where the batteries can last from 1-10 years, it SUCKS, but when I had mine, I'd go to sleep with somewhere between 30-50% of battery left. And, I don't sleep very much (often between 5-7 hours :/ prior to a work day).

Once, I forgot to charge and it noticed I had 50% when I woke up. I panicked, put on the charger for a bit, which brought it to ~66% or so. I put in power reserve mode for awhile, then powered up normally later in the day. I had juice left when I returned home from work.

4. leebroath macrumors 6502a

leebroath

Yeh the battery at first thought looks like it will run out quickly but it doesn't and also depends on the usage, mine last all day from 8am to around 1am (bedtime) with about 40-50% left, I then stick it on charge for the next day :)

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

Are you a heavy user?

Battery life is something thats been putting me off.

6. leebroath macrumors 6502a

leebroath

I would say I'm a medium to light user mate,

I was heavy to begin with as with anyone getting a new device ;) but now all I use it for is checking my activity progress and using it for viewing emails message etc, brightness at half way

Remember to always stick it on charge at night that's one thing to remember and you also have 14 days to return which is fantastic if you really do feel the battery isn't adequate

7. LucasEVille macrumors regular

LucasEVille

Sorry, to expand when I'm talking about battery life being poor I use fitness orientated smart watches such as the Garmin Fenix 3. Camping, hiking, trail running, outdoor swimming and mountain biking etc is my thing. Also sleep metrics are important so if my Fenix 3 (over week's battery life for normal use, or less for GPS/GLONASS heavy activities) didn't last as long as it did I would be stuck. Hence I can't go for Apple watch until we can get 3 days use as standard

It's a shame, I actually love the design of the apple watch over my Fenix 3:

[​IMG]

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Battery life is something I could not complain about as I never failed to have 40-50% battery remaining when I put it on the charger at the end of the day. This would include at least one 30 minute exercise. I fear the battery life would be bad but that I was surprised.

9. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

Same here. No battery problems at all. Never even come close to running the battery all the way down. Very satisfied all round. *shrug* Just return yours or sell it and move on. It'll be better for all of us. Haha.

10. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

It's frustrating to know that my watch is the only one with these issues. Bummer. Just when I was liking it very much, the bad side surfaces. Much like my ex.

11. za9ra22 macrumors 6502a

Then call Apple and report the issues, and have them replace the watch. In that condition you surely wouldn't try and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer, and if you like it, then get a replacement for the faulty one.

12. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I had to return my watch just so I can get a replacement. the inventory sucks so I have no choice but to return it and buy another one just to get a replacement.

13. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I haven't found a touch screen device that is any good after my hands get sweaty. It certainly is obnoxious but it plagues the whole touch screen industry, not just the apple watch. I guess the tech either isn't available or isn't feasible yet. All we can really hope for right now is that companies really utilize those hard buttons on phones and the crown on he Apple watch.

14. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

Gone. I hope the next one is better.:cool: