Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Disclaimer: I was contacted by the company to review these earbuds.

After using them for two weeks I have one bad thing to say about them, so we'll start with that.

This is a magnetic necklace design. That means that you can hang it around your neck and not loose it, because the back of the earbuds stay together. They hold well. The only time I ever "lost" them, was when I forgot I was wearing them (comfortable!), and decided to try on clothes. Oups! Bad idea. The design is great and includes an awesome feature - to answer an incoming call, just pull the earbuds apart and put them in your ears. No button push necessary. This feature also starts your music playing. This is the part that drives me nuts. Not a big deal, but I've noticed a few times that I have music playing without having intentionally started it. When I put them on in the morning, I watch as I press the center button to make sure it powers on, and then put them around my neck. And as soon as I put the buds together - it's music, music, music!

Here are a few photos, and I'll continue.

IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2922.JPG

One of the things I like about this set is that the cord is flat, so it wraps well around your neck without rolling. It comes with several sizes of ear-loops, and they work incredibly well. With the ear-loop in, nothing will shake them out of your ears.

IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2936.JPG

There are only 3 buttons (remember that separating the buds can act as a "receive call" button). The center function button works to stop/start music as well as to answer/end a phone call. The volume buttons work both for volume, but also to skip to the next/last song. I caught it with the light on, just so you can see where it is.

The buds, themselves, are comfortable and stay in well. But the magic is in the magnets.

Sound is fine both for calls and music. Everyone I've spoken to seems to feel the clarity is clear, and nobody has complained. I definitely recommend this as an inexpensive pair of headphones to use at the gym or when running errands. You can find them on Amazon for $19.83 on Prime.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Nice review Alli. I had a couple of MPow BT models and generally I wound up returning them. I didn't care much for the quality of the product and some of the quirks that came with them. Do these models activate Siri when you press and hold the answer button? How's battery life?

I am now using the Jaybird X2's which (IMHO) are some of the best buds out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.