Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
so i took my back off today and decided to do another one, because i had a few corners sticking up, they had been since the beginning, and they had gotten worse.

I don't wanna speak too soon, but I think (without any modification) i've gotten a PERFECT application. Solid hour after applying and it looks like it's going to be perfect. I'll try and get pictures tommarow in the mirror so you can see, hopefully nothing by then, but i think it's going to sit perfectly.

J*man

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
How is the front screen protector? Does it resist smudges and finger prints or would a Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set do a better job?

JackSpearo

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I put my body guardz on for the 3rd time, and the corners finally went down...

except I have 1 bubble. I put it on Sunday, and the one bubble is still there...

any solutions to getting it out?

ismoker

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
I put my body guardz on for the 3rd time, and the corners finally went down...

except I have 1 bubble. I put it on Sunday, and the one bubble is still there...

any solutions to getting it out?

i think bubble will be gone in a few days...
mine also did, well mine isn bofyguardz but i think it would work in same way.

and for less cause of bubble, you need to put lots of liquid on the film when you install it...which i don really recommend and didn't do cuz i don want any accidents such as water getting in to my iPhone :eek:

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I put it on last sunday, today is friday night

one bubble still is there :-(

Where is the bubble? If it gets to a point where you really do not want to wait any more you can undo the corner closest to where the bubble is and reapply. As long as you keep everything wet (your fingers, the backing sheet you are going to use to undo the corner, and the skin itself) and you do it in a steamed up bathroom the chance of getting the skin contaminated is very very low.

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
I applied the front film some 15-18 hours ago and there are numerous big (about the size of the rounded square of the iPhone's home button) bubbles over the screen. I had no idea how I did such a shoddy job, because I took care to squeegee the film thoroughly. Are these going to disappear or do I have to restick the 2nd film?

Wouldn't be much of a surprise that I screwed up the back, considering how I couldn't even do the front properly. I screwed up my first film, used the 2nd one, and while I finally managed to align 90% of the back nicely, by the time I was down to the bottom, the skin seemed to have stretched and could no longer cover the phone properly.

It's kind of a bummer that I feel like ripping it off and just use the phone without a case, but then I just spent good money on a few pieces of plastic and a vial of soapy water and I feel indignant.

Applying this was like condensing all the trauma I would get from having scratches over the time I use the device into the few hours I spent trying to align the film.

I am now awaiting my replacement so I can try once more. I don't know if I would have any sanity left if I can't get it done this time.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
just take your time, and the main thing to know (by the way my corners stayed down) is it's going to take at least an hour. I was watching tv and would work every 5 minutes if i couldn't get it to stick.

I concentrated on the corners once i got the skin aligned. You HAVE to have the creases done right. The part that goes o the chrome, make sure it's not 'pinching' the corner or you WILL have corners fraying. Just concentrate on that and most of the other stuff fell into place for me.

Linuss

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
Best piece of advice for applying the back, but you need a second case. I personally have the DLO slam.

Apply the back, let it sit for a bit, then put it in side a real case and leave it overnight. As long as the case is tight enough, it will force the back part of the Bodyguardz to conform to the iPhone and it will dry all correct.

That's what I did and I have no edges sticking up.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
My Bodyguardz

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 138
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 152
  • photo_2_2.jpg
    photo_2_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 161
  • photo_2_2_2_2.jpg
    photo_2_2_2_2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 129

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
How is the front screen protector? Does it resist smudges and finger prints or would a Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set do a better job?
For BG owners can someone answer this question quoted above? Thanks!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Theres still a lot of smudges, I'd go for the antiglare if u dont want smudges

Has anyone tried it though? A PS Anti Glare then a BG at the back? If anyone can post a pic of that set-up, it would be much appreciated! I just need feedbacks on people who've used that kind of set-up since I hate smudges.

Linuss

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
In my experience, there are a couple, but no where near the amount that other screen protectors do.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
Hi all. I'm currently using a Power Support Air Jacket (very thin rubberized case for the back) and Anti-Glare. I'm considering BG because there is an installer at a nearby mall and had a couple of questions:

1. How does the iPhone feel with BG? Does it still feel a bit slippery and gather smudges or does it feel a bit 'grippier'?
2. Just want to confirm that with a BG on, the iPhone still fits in the 3G dock?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Hi all. I'm currently using a Power Support Air Jacket (very thin rubberized case for the back) and Anti-Glare. I'm considering BG because there is an installer at a nearby mall and had a couple of questions:

1. How does the iPhone feel with BG? Does it still feel a bit slippery and gather smudges or does it feel a bit 'grippier'?
2. Just want to confirm that with a BG on, the iPhone still fits in the 3G dock?

I also have the same set-up as yours, considering also to place BG at the back and just leave the anti-glare up front.

I don't want to sacrifice an AG film if it won't fit the BG hehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.