Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoich

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
STR8 RIPPIN!! SKITZY!
Ghost Armor or Bodyguardz? Difference?

So i've been using Ghost Armor on my Macbook and my Iphone for about 4 1/2 months I got it professionaly installed so I didnt have to go through the HELL of doing it myself its been working fantastic! No problems at all. But I do have a question how does Bodyguardz differ from Ghost Armor? Clarity? Durablity? etc. What is the difference?

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
2. Just want to confirm that with a BG on, the iPhone still fits in the 3G dock?

Can anyone answer this question please? Does the iPhone fit in the 3G dock with BG installed?

Also Smacky said his replacement had a different corner cut. Can anyone say whether this has made a difference in the installation?

Thanks.

SethBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
You just wet your fingers and the backsheet. Use the backsheet to lift up skin, all the time keeping the underside of the skin wet, and use your fingernail to scratch off the fiber. reapply the skin and make sure there is enough solution under the skin to drive out all the air.

You just lift the part of the screen closest to the fiber. You don't remove the entire skin so there is no repositioning. It's a simple matter. Do it in a steamy bathroom so you don't get more lint underneath while you try to remove what's already there.

Does this work for Bodyguardz that has been put on for more than a week?

JVV

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Can anyone answer this question please? Does the iPhone fit in the 3G dock with BG installed?

Also Smacky said his replacement had a different corner cut. Can anyone say whether this has made a difference in the installation?

Thanks.

Yes, the iPhone 3G with a BG shield installed does in fact still fit in the the 3G dock, as well as the Universal dock with the 3G adapter.:)

Also, yes, I have gone through both the original incarnation of the BG shield for the 3G and the new one with the slightly trimmed corners and the newest version with the trimmed corners is much easier to install and the corners stay down better.

I definately recommend NLU Bodyguardz, they've got great customer service.:cool:

JVV

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Does this work for Bodyguardz that has been put on for more than a week?

It does work, sort of. You just have to be careful not to stretch the film too much. My advice is as you pull on it spray some of the included solution to keep it shield slick and soft. Be patient & take your time:). If your not satisfied they offer a 30 day Return Policy minus a $5 restocking fee:rolleyes:.

JVV

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Has anyone tried it though? A PS Anti Glare then a BG at the back? If anyone can post a pic of that set-up, it would be much appreciated! I just need feedbacks on people who've used that kind of set-up since I hate smudges.

I have had this set-up, but opted to keep the front of the 3G shield-less, due to the mild frosted effect the PS anti-glare shield gives the screen:(. The front was definitely smudge-proof, while the back with the BG shield only smudged slightly, however, much less than it did "naked.":cool:

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I have had this set-up, but opted to keep the front of the 3G shield-less, due to the mild frosted effect the PS anti-glare shield gives the screen:(. The front was definitely smudge-proof, while the back with the BG shield only smudged slightly, however, much less than it did "naked.":cool:

Oh ok, thanks for the info JVV. Another follow up question, cause I've been playing games on my iPhone 3G a lot recently, and it's charging while I'm playing. Does the BG have any problems dealing with heat when the back of the iPhone is warming up? (cause you need to let it breathe or something right?)

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Does the BG have any problems dealing with heat when the back of the iPhone is warming up? (cause you need to let it breathe or something right?)

Absolutely zero problem.

I sometimes leave my iPhone in the car under the sun and it's never a problem.

And you know how hot a car can get under the sun.

Quantumd0tz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
Wow that looks like ****...

You pay how much for an iPhone and you cheap out on the installation of the shield by a paid and trained individual? (this is to all of you doing this yourself) This logic makes you kind of stupid.

I paid the 30 bucks and my Zagg shield is seamless. No bubbles or sprayed liquids all over drenching into the Home Button, no hassle. The guy even gave me his card and said if I have any problems or bubbles he would replace it for free and it came with a lifetime warranty.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Wow that looks like ****...

You pay how much for an iPhone and you cheap out on the installation of the shield by a paid and trained individual? (this is to all of you doing this yourself) This logic makes you kind of stupid.

I paid the 30 bucks and my Zagg shield is seamless. No bubbles or sprayed liquids all over drenching into the Home Button, no hassle. The guy even gave me his card and said if I have any problems or bubbles he would replace it for free and it came with a lifetime warranty.

Yet over the past 2 months, people have heard absolutely nothing from Zagg in terms of support, let alone receiving their IS skins that they pre-ordered back in May and June.

There's a lot to be said about support and reputation of a company when you get/hear nothing from them in weeks. And to make it worse, the worst advertisement they could have had with IS, is word of mouth. It spread to the point where people demanded their money back and took their business elsewhere. So yeah, you paid $30 for a 'professional' install. We paid less and are enjoying our phones better, so don't judge.

BL.

Quantumd0tz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
Yet over the past 2 months, people have heard absolutely nothing from Zagg in terms of support, let alone receiving their IS skins that they pre-ordered back in May and June.

There's a lot to be said about support and reputation of a company when you get/hear nothing from them in weeks. And to make it worse, the worst advertisement they could have had with IS, is word of mouth. It spread to the point where people demanded their money back and took their business elsewhere. So yeah, you paid $30 for a 'professional' install. We paid less and are enjoying our phones better, so don't judge.

BL.

I'm glad you are enjoying your bubble plastic shield that looks likea soapy film. I really didn't get that impression from Zagg at all. In fact, everyone in the Apple store had the Zagg when I went to purchase and recommended it. The Kiosk was right outside the Apple Store. Dunno about your experience but mine was righteous and my iPhone looks a hell of a lot better than the pics here! Oh... I know why, I am not a fool who would spend hundreds on a phone and cheap out on the scratch proofing. :D

Enjoy...:rolleyes: :apple:

JVV

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Oh ok, thanks for the info JVV. Another follow up question, cause I've been playing games on my iPhone 3G a lot recently, and it's charging while I'm playing. Does the BG have any problems dealing with heat when the back of the iPhone is warming up? (cause you need to let it breathe or something right?)

That's a great question. The warmest my 3G has gotten has been during the 20-30 minute back-up/sync via iTunes, so I haven't truly tested it's "venting" or "cooling" process with the BG on yet:). I used to own an iPod Touch and that thing got super hot while I'd be playing games, and I had a PS shield on the back of it. It didn't seem to affect it and plus the 3G has speakers which may, or may not, serve as a vent:confused:.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I'm glad you are enjoying your bubble plastic shield that looks likea soapy film. I really didn't get that impression from Zagg at all. In fact, everyone in the Apple store had the Zagg when I went to purchase and recommended it. The Kiosk was right outside the Apple Store. Dunno about your experience but mine was righteous and my iPhone looks a hell of a lot better than the pics here! Oh... I know why, I am not a fool who would spend hundreds on a phone and cheap out on the scratch proofing. :D

Enjoy...:rolleyes: :apple:

You also assume that there is a kiosk in/near every Apple store. There isn't.

You also assume that there is an Apple store nearby for everyone. There isn't.

No IS on the accessories shelves at the Apple Store here in Sacramento, Best Buy only offers the front... and the closest kiosk? 2 1/2 hours drive on all sides (They sell them only at RC Willey, no installs). So people aren't willing to spend more on fuel to GET to a kiosk than it would to pay $30 to have someone there install it.

Also, have a search through this forum for all of the issues people have had with IS and Zagg's support. Perhaps that will open your eyes to how much of an idiot you sound like. Here's a little push to get you to the right place:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/532840/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/535700/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/525250/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/533081/

Once again, read and research before opening your mouth.

BL.

Quantumd0tz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
You also assume that there is a kiosk in/near every Apple store. There isn't.

You also assume that there is an Apple store nearby for everyone. There isn't.

No IS on the accessories shelves at the Apple Store here in Sacramento, Best Buy only offers the front... and the closest kiosk? 2 1/2 hours drive on all sides (They sell them only at RC Willey, no installs). So people aren't willing to spend more on fuel to GET to a kiosk than it would to pay $30 to have someone there install it.

Also, have a search through this forum for all of the issues people have had with IS and Zagg's support. Perhaps that will open your eyes to how much of an idiot you sound like. Here's a little push to get you to the right place:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/532840/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/535700/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/525250/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/533081/

Once again, read and research before opening your mouth.

BL.

Ok... ok. You are right. I shouldn't tease people who are less fortunate and live in third world parts of America that aren't as technologically driven as where I reside. Not that having a Zagg Kiosk makes you technologically driven, it's having a Zagg Kiosk outside of an Apple Store... god I love the west coast... Portland, OR - represent! :D *squirms with glee*

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Ok... ok. You are right. I shouldn't tease people who are less fortunate and live in third world parts of America that aren't as technologically driven as where I reside. Not that having a Zagg Kiosk makes you technologically driven, it's having a Zagg Kiosk outside of an Apple Store... god I love the west coast... Portland, OR - represent! :D *squirms with glee*

*sigh*

Now the Dilbert Rule[1] applies.. and I've definitely learned my lesson on this one.

BL.

[1] "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drop you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Dogbert

Quantumd0tz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
*sigh*

Now the Dilbert Rule[1] applies.. and I've definitely learned my lesson on this one.

BL.

[1] "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drop you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Dogbert

The only idiot here is you by the Dilbert Logic. I acknowledge my flaw and corrected it. Now you're just continuing on a epeen contest path.

I say good sir, won't you stop this id-10T error your system is hanging on? :apple:

P.S. - If you reply to this you will continue to be beat down with idiot logic. Please, please do continue. :D

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007

BL.

I not arguing that others have had problems, but my experience with ZAGG has been very positive. I ordered my IS online directly from ZAGG and received it arrived in about 4 days. I had some problems with the first shield they sent me not fitting right, and I called to complain. They were very understanding and offered to send me a revised version for free. I didn't even have to pay for shipping. The new version is MUCH better than the original version. The fit is better, the corners are stable, the chrome is better protected and they sent a much larger bottle of the the solution. I have a perfect fit with no bubbles or dust. So far I am very happy with the IS and the support from ZAGG.
BTW - I have never seen a BG in person, so I can't compare the quality between the two.

PS. the experience I had with the first installation undoubtedly helped make my second install go much smoother.

stoich

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
STR8 RIPPIN!! SKITZY!
Zagg Nightmare

So I have now seen the InvisibileShield on this guys Iphone today at the store. I am not going to lie it looked Terrible!! He said he had his professionaly installed at Metro Center in Arizona and he paid 35 dollars!! He had it for 2 months and all the edges were peeling off and it was turning brown and it WAS NOT AT ALL CLEAR! It looked wavy and had an akward texture to it. So we got to talking and he said he returned to the Mall Cart to do a lifetime warranty and the guy at the cart said he HAD to do it online????!!!! So then he tells me he tried to return it and the zagg employee turned him down as well saying he was past his 30 day return policy?! So he went online and Zagg said they could not help him either???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mind boggled??!! WTF KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT???!!!

Now with that being said Ive had Ghost Armor on my Macbook and Iphone for 4 months now and it is absolutley Fantastic! It is completley clear and not peeling anywhere at all and the Employees at the Ghost Armor store were Very friendly to me and installed it flawlessly Both times! The guy I met at the store saw mine and is going back to get it done.

So Quantam Retard you should probably STOP running your mouth about how much you love Zagg cause I'll tell you right now after my research there are ALOT of people out there that think They're product and Customer Service is HORRIBLE!!! I've never heard of InvisibileShield or Bodyguardz before I came on here. Ill tell you right now I will never be a zagg customer. I was referred to the Ghost Armor store in the mall and it was everything I could ever ask for and thats my choice for the best film.

P.S. Don't try and comeback with some over the top intellectual post. Your vocabulary is by no means going to help your situation. Zagg is no good and thats that. Keep your head up :D

stoich

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
STR8 RIPPIN!! SKITZY!
On another note all you have posted about is InvisibileShield??? Are you seriously that in love with plastic that you spend your time on here posting about how great it is? Honestly you are pathetic and a nobody and I hope you dont even waste your time responding to me cause you will just continue to get pwned! :cool:

AKA PERFECTION ;)

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
That's a great question. The warmest my 3G has gotten has been during the 20-30 minute back-up/sync via iTunes, so I haven't truly tested it's "venting" or "cooling" process with the BG on yet:). I used to own an iPod Touch and that thing got super hot while I'd be playing games, and I had a PS shield on the back of it. It didn't seem to affect it and plus the 3G has speakers which may, or may not, serve as a vent:confused:.

@pflau & JVV
Thanks for the input guys. I'm still holding off because the PS clear Air Jacket is working fine for me at the moment. The edges for the BG is giving me a little bit of doubt at the moment.

UCLAkers

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
I just put on the PS crystal over the BG front, so much clearer its amazing

wait, you put the PS crystal skin OVER the BG front or you replaced your BG front with the PS skin? if you double layered it, it hasn't messed with the sensitivity at all? and it's even more clear with both skins layered like that?

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
wait, you put the PS crystal skin OVER the BG front or you replaced your BG front with the PS skin? if you double layered it, it hasn't messed with the sensitivity at all? and it's even more clear with both skins layered like that?

Sorry what I meant to say was I replaced the BG one

UCLAkers

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2008
hehe unlike the majority of the ppl in here, my question is about the front film. I know I know, I suck at sticking these things on. so no matter how hard I tried to make sure not 1 single speck of dust made its way underneath, there seems to be a few particles toward the top edge of the phone. how bad would it be, for the film, to lift up that area of the skin to remove said particles of dust? oh btw, it's been about an hour since I left my phone alone for the film to dry. is there any hope for me being able to squeegy them out from underneath little by little?

thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.