Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP_187

macrumors regular
May 10, 2016
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Open the terminal app and type sudo trimforce enable followed by the enter key and password.

Hi Audit13,

I want to enable TRIM for my MBP. I read online about some SSDs not being good for TRIM (the black listed SSDs : https://www.howtogeek.com/222077/how-to-enable-trim-for-third-party-ssds-on-mac-os-x/ )

How can I found out what SSD I have? I tried to check under About this Mac, but can't find anything.

I *think* I might have an Samsung 850 something SSD. Would it be safe to enable TRIM?

Thanks for the replies.

rohitbansal1507

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2017
Guys..I am having a tough time finding the right vendor for speakers. Any1 has any experience with these spares available on eBay or if they know of any reliable source? Most of the vendors seem to be supplying the used spares.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
What is a good replacement battery for a Mid 2010 13" MacBook Pro? Mine currently has 1103 cycles on it at 42% health, so I need to replace it.

rohitbansal1507

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2017
What is a good replacement battery for a Mid 2010 13" MacBook Pro? Mine currently has 1103 cycles on it at 42% health, so I need to replace it.
Buddy, get the NuPower battery without any hesitation. I researched through all possible options and finally bought NuPower. It's even better than the original one. DO NOT buy the cheap Chinese stuff. They have retailers all across the globe hence shouldn't be an issue eve if you're not based in US.

rohitbansal1507

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2017
Go to Macsales or directly look for NuPower batteries on Google. If you are in US I would say Macsales is best.

Apples555

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
Speak of the devil, my optical drive just died. I don't think I've ever had an optical drive die before. I guess I'll be getting a second hard drive. I wonder if Mac OS is smart enough to turn it off to save power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.