Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ca90065

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
i ordered on july 10th. and it's showing:
Ships by: Jul 19 - Jul 24
Delivers by: Jul 27 - Aug 3

i've heard apple has been pretty good on it's shipping time

but since i am ordering the 7200rpm 160GB HD, how reliable this is? should i expect delays?
it will be quite a mess if i don't receive it by the 3rd coz i will be flying on the 4th evening.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Well, turns out there was a shipping exception on my baby and its gonna sit in the FedEx warehouse in China over the weekend. Tracking info says I will not be receiving it till July 18. Sucks that it is delayed so even with expedited shipping, but on the plus side i get it on my birthday. Here's to receiving a perfect birthday present.

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Well, turns out there was a shipping exception on my baby and its gonna sit in the FedEx warehouse in China over the weekend. Tracking info says I will not be receiving it till July 18. Sucks that it is delayed so even with expedited shipping, but on the plus side i get it on my birthday. Here's to receiving a perfect birthday present.

I am sorry for the delay, but I think that it bodes well that you will receive it on your birthday. Just means it has got to be perfect.

prospero

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007
End of June orders shipping finally?

I know the feeling :) I ordered mine on the 25th of June with an estimated shipping date of August the 6th. Last night, the order status changed to "Pending Shipping" and today to "Shipped" with an ETA of the 21st of July.

Seems like people who ordered toward the end of June are starting to see their MBPs ship. Hope this means that mine (ordered June 29th) will ship soon. I got the 2.4 GHz 15" glossy with 7200 rpm drive. Has anyone who ordered a MBP with similar configuration after June 29th seen theirs ship already? Apple says mine is supposed to ship between July 11th-16th but I'm skeptical that it is actually going to ship by the 16th. This definitely sucks.

ophidean

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like people who ordered toward the end of June are starting to see their MBPs ship. Hope this means that mine (ordered June 29th) will ship soon. I got the 2.4 GHz 15" glossy with 7200 rpm drive. Has anyone who ordered a MBP with similar configuration after June 29th seen theirs ship already? Apple says mine is supposed to ship between July 11th-16th but I'm skeptical that it is actually going to ship by the 16th. This definitely sucks.

I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered the same spec machine a day later, June 30th. Supposed to ship between June 12 - 17th. I'm starting to think I wont see this machine until Aug :eek: Worth the wait though.

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Mine is now "Out for delivery". Should be expecting it any second.
Can I hear a TNT truck??:eek:

Well? It just drives me crazy when you guys receive yours and don't post back about how much you love it and it was worth the wait and it's an awesome machine and blah, blah, blah. I'm really just giving you a bad time because a person has to do something to help fill the waiting time. Seriously though, was it worth the wait? Give us the scoop.

chaird

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
Hello I am new to these forums, anyways I ordered through Edu store on June 20 and it is a 2.4 MBP glossy 7200hd and mine still also says not yet shipped with expected shipping Aug 6. Does anyone know if the MBPs ordered through the Edu store take longer?

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Hello I am new to these forums, anyways I ordered through Edu store on June 20 and it is a 2.4 MBP glossy 7200hd and mine still also says not yet shipped with expected shipping Aug 6. Does anyone know if the MBPs ordered through the Edu store take longer?

There is speculation that people that order from Apple Development Store would experience longer delays (one person in this forum was actually told that), but there doesn't seem to be a delay necessarily because they ordered from the educational store. IMO there really seems to be no logical reason why some people's are shipped faster than others. I guess it just depends on how lucky (or unlucky) you are. I also can see no correlation to shipping in regards to where you live either.

ophidean

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
When I ordered my MBP on June 30th Apple put a hold on my visa check card for the amount of the purchase. A day later the hold was lifted. Now 13 days later they put another hold on the card again. My status still says -Has not Shipped. Anyone else have this happen?
I'm wondering if this means it could actually ship soon....

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
When I ordered my MBP on June 30th Apple put a hold on my visa check card for the amount of the purchase. A day later the hold was lifted. Now 13 days later they put another hold on the card again. My status still says -Has not Shipped. Anyone else have this happen?

They have actually done something pretty similar to me on three separate occasions, but have never shipped the darn thing. Maybe third time will be a charm. My advice though is not to get too excited until they actually take the money.

prospero

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2007

They put a hold on my account right after I ordered it on June 29th. That hold was removed sometime later, I think about a week ago. Still no hold on mine, but hopefully this means they are about to ship yours.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
There is speculation that people that order from Apple Development Store would experience longer delays (one person in this forum was actually told that), but there doesn't seem to be a delay necessarily because they ordered from the educational store.

Both my initial order and replacement were ordered through the ADC store. Initial order June 12, received June 29, returned to Apple June 29, replacement order placed June 29, shipped July 13 (China time, July 12 US time), scheduled to receive July 18.

Hans Anders

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Cape Town, South Africa
Good to hear from people they are getting theirs shipped. This might speed up my delivery as well.

Any one here ordered from the Apple Developer store? I used ADC discount, and it looks like this means you get lowest possible priority!
According to my calender (don't have enough fingers and toes to count on), I've already been waiting for 37 days.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Any one here ordered from the Apple Developer store? I used ADC discount, and it looks like this means you get lowest possible priority!

Did you read my post above yours? I was not bumped to lower priority.

4gb crucial RAM - check
Marware protection pack plus - check
Apple Care warranty - check
SFBags Mambo Combo Messenger bag and Sleeve case - check
Mighty Mouse Bluetooth - check
Office for Mac 2004 - check
VMWare Fusion license - check
Windows XP SP2 full version for bootcamp - check

But no Macbook Pro to use all this toys with :mad:

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Ok so here’s what happened today after I send Apple an email yesterday with proof they don’t ship FIFO.

I got called today. They told me pretty much the same story again, difficulties with the 7200rpm, they do every thing they can, and so on.
And they told me normally some other department handles this. Seems I have been sending emails to the sales department.
So they gave me the number of the Apple Store Sales Support. Then I had to explain the whole FIFO thing again. They found it strange, and asked to call me back.

When they called me back and they had a clear story.
I ordered with the Apple Developer Store. This is a different “list” as the online store or the education store. This how some may get their MBP 7200rpm earlier.

So I guess I did everything I can now, and I will just have to wait.

Gandhi, this is why Hans Anders thinks orders ship later from the Apple Developer Store. It was the reason he was given. What I have learned from all of this is that Apple is not going to tell you the real reason your order hasn't shipped before someone who ordered the exact CTO later than you did, but they do have some pretty creative excuses it seems. We have all been given different reasons.

billyrayval

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
Billy Ray Valentine here

my macbook pro 15" 7200 shipped today! should be with me by the end of next week

billy ray valentine out

aussiejames

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sorry, sorry.
I wanted to get aquainted with my new baby and completely forgot to tel you all about it.
I am completely happy and more with my new MBP. No yellow banding on the lower 3rd. No dead pixels (that I can see). I've got the LG screen, for those who are wondering. Wireless is working great, I've been transferring all my music over from my PC wirelessly whilst downloading a ton of things via wireless internet. No problems. I haven't touched the calibration, and it looks fine.
When the lid shuts, sure, there is a gap and allows some movement, but nt much, and certainly nothing to worry about.
An excellent buy, I am thrilled to be reporting that, apart from the long wait time, I am a happy customer.
Hopefully, those who haven't received there's yet, that ordered in the first week, will receive theirs very soon.

DaveClarkOne

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2004
I just wish Apple would get their queue working again, because it annoys me that people ordering after me are getting their machines BEFORE me (not annoyed at the new Apple converts).

I ordered June 13th. No ship date. Config. 2.4 with 160GB 7200.

It's a complete waste of time calling Apple --they are out of the loop on this state of affairs --at least those who interface with customers.

CrimsonScythe

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2007
Ordered mine June 7th (the store ordered a 7k2 by mistake), and I've still not heard anything about any estimated shipping date. The store couldn't even tell me, as Apple doesn't let them know when shipments are due. Woohoo...:mad:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Pff, I ordered mine here in a store in belgium (in herentals) on the 6th or 7th of june and still haven't got it. They said july 13-14th. I call the store now: "sorry, seem to be some problems, it'll be another 2 weeks". I mean, comon! it's a 2500 euro laptop and i have to wait for allmost 2 months for it to ship? screw you apple, really. i love os x and all the macs i ever had, and i will love the mbp, but screw these shipping dates, i'm really p!ssed off :mad::mad:

(2.4ghz glossy 7200rpm)

Zw42a

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
YES!!!

Mine just changed to prepared for shipment. Finally! :)

Nice! Took some time, but the better it will feel when you first hold it.
Did you get any use out of my shipping number?

I ordered a 20" Cinema Display yesterday, got it today. That's a lot faster than my MBP SR. Together they're on fihaahhhhh!!! Love them!:)

fedgirl

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
No offense but shouldn't they credit everyone's account if they cannot meet the requirements as promised, don't they stand by what they state when the items are being shipped, if they cannot meet the date of shipment then either credit the customer or ship the product with an expidited shipment, such as overnight. The customer ordered the product and their needs should be met as promised when a shipment date is sent out to the customer.

If there is a delay on the 7200 they need to state that on the website that there is a backorder which is causing a delay on the shipment dates of the products.

That's just wrong!!!

Just my opinion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.