Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Well, my FedEx tracking says my MBP is sitting in the Memphis, TN, hub. But the estimate still shows delivery on Wednesday. Since it was shipped expedited, I would not be surprised if I get delivery tomorrow.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Mine finally shipped :) Expected to get here on the 19th (my birthday).

Congrats and happy birthday. My birthday is on 18, and Apple email says I will get my birthday gift a day early on the 17. Though FedEx tracking shows delivery for the 18. Either way, I truly hope we both get our gifts that are perfect in every way :D

johnnyjojo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Mine shipped on 09 July. The Apecode site told me that the flight departed Shanghai on 10 July but I'd been completely in the dark since then. Apecode just gave me a Norwegian error message and the Apple site didn't update at all. Until now.

The Apple site now gives a delivery estimate of 13 July, which would have been nice if true, and has finally given me some carrier details. Currently the carrier is shown as Kuehne & Nagel but going by the experience of other UK purchasers I believe that this should change in the next few hours to the real carrier, which should be either TNT or UPS.

Almost there. Fingers crossed that my MBP arrives soon (tomorrow?) and in perfect condition. Then I can look back on the past four weeks or so and laugh.

I've got to ask: Osprey, any news?

ophidean

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Congrats and happy birthday. My birthday is on 18, and Apple email says I will get my birthday gift a day early on the 17. Though FedEx tracking shows delivery for the 18. Either way, I truly hope we both get our gifts that are perfect in every way :D

Nice! I hope I will be home when it arrives, going to a Wagner Opera at the Met in NYC...
Ive never missed a Fed Ex package b4, can you pick it up from them?

It just left SHANGHAI CHINA.

Osprey

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Mine shipped on 09 July. The Apecode site told me that the flight departed Shanghai on 10 July but I'd been completely in the dark since then. Apecode just gave me a Norwegian error message and the Apple site didn't update at all. Until now.

The Apple site now gives a delivery estimate of 13 July, which would have been nice if true, and has finally given me some carrier details. Currently the carrier is shown as Kuehne & Nagel but going by the experience of other UK purchasers I believe that this should change in the next few hours to the real carrier, which should be either TNT or UPS.

Almost there. Fingers crossed that my MBP arrives soon (tomorrow?) and in perfect condition. Then I can look back on the past four weeks or so and laugh.

I've got to ask: Osprey, any news?

Wow, sounds like everyone will be getting theirs this week, congratulations to all. It is kind of rough that you can't track them, but then maybe you end up with a pleasant surprise. BTW, yes you can pick up from FED Ex, just have your missed delivery slip and ID.

Nope, mine still isn't shipping and when I call Apple they, as we all know, are useless. I really don't think I am willing to wait beyond this week, but I am not sure what I am going to do. I must be honest though, I am thinking about seeing if I can get a new laptop running XP. I have some projects coming up soon and I am not sure that I will be able to learn the new OS and other software before I need them. I never dreamed that it would actually take them over six weeks to ship out a machine. And before everyone jumps on me about this, please understand that yes, I know the machines are popular and everyone is experiencing delays. But I firmly believe that when a customer orders something from any company, orders should be filled for those that ordered first. I really don't think that is asking too much. And after reading this thread, you must admit that this hasn't always been the case.

Well again congratulations and I hope everyone enjoys their new MBP.

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
Wow, sounds like everyone will be getting theirs this week, congratulations to all. It is kind of rough that you can't track them, but then maybe you end up with a pleasant surprise. BTW, yes you can pick up from FED Ex, just have your missed delivery slip and ID.

Nope, mine still isn't shipping and when I call Apple they, as we all know, are useless. I really don't think I am willing to wait beyond this week, but I am not sure what I am going to do. I must be honest though, I am thinking about seeing if I can get a new laptop running XP. I have some projects coming up soon and I am not sure that I will be able to learn the new OS and other software before I need them. I never dreamed that it would actually take them over six weeks to ship out a machine. And before everyone jumps on me about this, please understand that yes, I know the machines are popular and everyone is experiencing delays. But I firmly believe that when a customer orders something from any company, orders should be filled for those that ordered first. I really don't think that is asking too much. And after reading this thread, you must admit that this hasn't always been the case.

Osprey, I was in the same situation as you, as you well know! Mine got moving when I eventually called sales and not customer service - the lady was very helpful and said to me if it does not ship by this date then to call her back but she got a technician to update the system right there and then and put it as a priority (even though I was apparently a priority 1 according to apple customer service) trust me it will be worth giving them a call - just say how dissappointed you are but complain in a nice way and see where it gets you? you have waited this long and I was getting very frustrated like you! good luck! just say you may have to result to cancelling your order! - if you get a laptop with WinXp - you may well just regret it! and you can always put it on the MBP while you get used to OSX!! all the best and hope yours ships soon!

With regards to shipping - the TNT site is very good, no probelms tracking so far - my MBP is now at Arnhem Hub

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX

I feel for you Osprey. Only thing i can say is that the wait will be worth it - do not go back to Windows misery.

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Argh! Lazy FedEx - never bothered to call my apartment number. Not to mention not getting the delivery date right. I just HOPE the computer is perfect whenever it does get delivered.

Jul 16, 2007
8:37 AM Delivery exception HOUSTON, TX
Customer not available or business closed

7:10 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery HOUSTON, TX

7:09 AM At local FedEx facility HOUSTON, TX

1:20 AM At dest sort facility HOUSTON, TX

Gandhi

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
TX
Never mind. My baby just got delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updating and playing with it now, but a quick note - LG screen, glossy - and it's some yellowing. Not as bad as the Samsung one. But there is some.

Will post later.

Edit - okay - updated all the software and firmware. Used one of the caliberated profiles that other kind peeps have posted here, and the problem seems to have gone away. I dunno what to do :(

Edit 2 - I am keeping it. I am hapy with the screen.

johnnyjojo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Okay, just one last hurrah for the delivery clusterf@*k.

Finally got my UPS tracking number, except I've got tracking numbers, plural. Now I knew that there would be two items in the delivery (1 MBP, 1 Airport Extreme) which would be "merged in transit" but I'd assumed that the whole point of that was that they'd be delivered together.

First thing this morning both items (there's no way of telling which is which) were at Nuneaton, only a couple of hours drive away. Now package number one is showing a "rescheduled" delivery date of tomorrow, whereas package number two is "out for delivery" and due to be delivered today. The nice guy at the other end of the UPS help line confirmed that the two separate dates are correct and that I haven't been given a duplicate quote for the whole order. He wasn't able to tell me why, or if it's the MBP that's on its way (it's so obvious that it'll be the Airport Extreme, I don't know why I'm kidding myself.)

I've now got a choice between going into work today, so that the earlier delivery will get missed and then be redelivered tomorrow with the slower half of the order, or taking today off and getting a better idea of the likely time of tomorrow's delivery so that I can get away with going in late/finishing early tomorrow.

Knowing my luck, any missed delivery will end up being redelivered when I least expect it, so I'll go with option "b".

I shouldn't really grumble, as my MBP will end up being delivered no more than four weeks from the day that I placed the order, in the full knowledge that Apple was giving an estimate of 4-6 weeks. Still, I could have done without this final twist of the knife.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007

Are there Apple Stores around you? It might just be easier to buy one from there than getting it custom configured. Though nice, a 7200RPM is not necessary.

johnnyjojo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Well, I made the right choice for once. Both items arrived together at 2:30pm, No idea what the 2nd UPS reference was all about & I no longer care, as I am now the proud possesser of a stunning new MBP.

No screen poroblems. Not a one. And I ain't going looking for any, either. It's bright, it's clear, all its pixels appear to be fully functioning & it's completely free of the dreaded yellow banding.

For all those still waiting: It's Worth It.

Now for the hard part. As a mac/wireless/laptop virgin, I'll be spending the rest of the day working out what the hell I'm doing. :D

Rendition

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
I ordered my Macbook Pro 2.2/160-7200rpm/gloss on July 8th.

My ship date on the Apple Order website is July 18 (tomorrow) to July 23.

I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation recently and if their Macbook Pros shipped early in the initial ship date range or later in the range?

If they delay it, I would just die! Waiting 10 days is hard enough for it to ship.

Dizzee

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
how do i check the speed of my HD?
i ordered the 7200rpm, i just want to make sure its there!

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
Is anybody having a delay with the 17" MBP with the 7200 rpm HD and the glossy HD screen? I am looking to order one soon and I was just wondering if I shoudl order now if I need to before mid August.

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
Mine is out for delivery - finally my long wait could be over!

Its delivered! - Got to wait until 5:00pm before I get to play as at work - I will post to let you all know hopefully how good it is!

pandayoghurt

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
London UK
Sent my 2nd Macbook pro 7200 back this morning. Disc drive didn't work and the screen gradient is terrible. If the colour at the top of the screen doesn't match the bottom you can't do design on them. Getting a refund so I can just buy one from the apple store so it will be easier to return if its faulty. Can't wait another 3 weeks for one, sorry apple. Really bad quality control and I don't think these new screens are up to scratch.

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London

I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation recently and if their Macbook Pros shipped early in the initial ship date range or later in the range?

If they delay it, I would just die! Waiting 10 days is hard enough for it to ship.

Try waiting 5 weeks, then you know what waiting is! mine shipped on the earliest shipping quote although this was after it was put back form my initial shipping date

ca90065

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007

I ordered 2 days after you, exactly the same configuration: 2.2/160G-7200rpm/gloss and no other customisation. My ship day is Jul 19 - 24. As we speak now, it has not yet shipped, and Apple hasn't hold anything from my credit card account. If yours does get shipped today, please come back and update us!

ophidean

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Finally! Its on the fedex truck scheduled to be delivered today by 10:30 am est...my next post will hopefully be on my new MBP!
Christmas in the summertime.

Cheers :)

chem

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
Order Date: Jul 5, 2007 at 09:06 AM PDT
MBP 15/2.4 CTO
Z0EC

Custom configuration
160GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
iWork '06

Ships by: Jul 16 - Jul 19
Delivers by: Jul 18 - Jul 24

We'll see what happens. I'm ordering from central USA, if it matters.

My order (quoted above) shipped today. In the middle of my originally quoted Ship window. I ordered through a student ADC account.

Jul 18, 2007 4:16 PM Left origin SHANGHAI CN
4:04 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff

Hans Anders

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Cape Town, South Africa
It's close

My MacBook Pro finally arrived in the Netherlands (Arnhem). I think it will be delivered tomorrow.
That would mean I have waited 43 days from the moment I placed the order. But I will forget that soon if it turns out to be perfect.

Rendition

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Hans + any others, please let us know how the laptop is after you get it. Hopefully the latest shipments won't have the yellow issues, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.