Ring on Mail

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by warburg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

I'm having a problem getting a direct answer to this question, even from Apple. Should there be a ring alert when new mail comes in on the Apple Watch as well as a haptic? I do get ring alerts for telephone calls and some other notifications, but with incoming mail I get only a haptic, and that's not entirely consistent. I have changed my mail settings from "Mirror My Phone" to "Custom," with "Show Alerts for Sound and Haptic on for both my mail accounts, but it makes no difference. My wife's phone also gets only a haptic but no ring with new mail.

2. mainer4101 macrumors member

The noise is very easy to miss. It's more of a click sound than a ring. Not as prominent as the notification sound on your phone. Right now there is no way to change to a different notification sound.

3. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You shouldn't do this because you'll get in trouble with the moderator (it's against forum rules to make multiple posts/threads on the same topic).

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

When my watch is paired and not on the charger my iPhone make no noise unless there is a call. All other notification are through the watch only. When the watch is on the charger the phone reverts back to it's regular notification sounds.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Not sure about the native mail app (never used it). I use the Mailbox by Dropbox and I get sound and haptic when I receive notifications that i have mail. Just that I need to have Sound turned on in the Notification in the iPhone itself.