Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
What are your thoughts about this case? I am thinking of getting it, anyone else order it?

iPhone 6:
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-Protection-CRYSTAL-Absorption/dp/B00MJA3Q1Y

iPhone 6 Plus:
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-Protection-Premium-Absorption/dp/B00N16BTDW

They are only $8.99 -- seem priced reasonably well.

I have otter box on my iPhone 5S but thinking of getting something little thinner for my iPhone 6 Plus but protection is always wanted by me because sometimes accidents do happen and they shouldn't have to break the bank when ever they do happen.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I have a Ringke Fusion on my iPhone 5 and it's a great case. Been using it for months and it hasn't picked up any dyes or turned yellow either.

Brandermill533

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
The Fusion has port closures for the openings. Can anyone comment on whether or not they have had trouble plugging in their lightning cable or headphones. Do the port openings have adequate room for charging accessories, headphone, etc.?

Thanks

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
I bought these

I got these in a few days ago. Seem sturdy, they are not hard plastic but rather the flexible rubbery type.

I am giving one to my wife and I may use the other until switcheasy nude is out.

Seems like the closures are good, but cannot test yet.

Cancelled
May 30, 2007
I got these in a few days ago. Seem sturdy, they are not hard plastic but rather the flexible rubbery type.

I am giving one to my wife and I may use the other until switcheasy nude is out.

Seems like the closures are good, but cannot test yet.

When is your 6 delivery? I'd really like to see pics of them on an actual 6, especially in black...

Cancelled
May 30, 2007
Tomorrow.
I will post pics for you. My wife got silver I picked grey.

I love you. :)

I'm thinking I want a 128GB Space Grey 6 with the Black Ringke Fusion. Should make the entire front of the 6 black and preserve the back design with the see through panel. Best of both worlds. The back panel on the Fusion is hard plastic, the bezels are TPU?

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
I love you. :)

I'm thinking I want a 128GB Space Grey 6 with the Black Ringke Fusion. Should make the entire front of the 6 black and preserve the back design with the see through panel. Best of both worlds. The back panel on the Fusion is hard plastic, the bezels are TPU?

Hard to say to be honest. I thought it was pretty much all TPU but I could be wrong. It's at my office now or I would shoot a pic for you. I left them there in the box this week. Thanks for the love. :)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I like the integrated dust caps, so I bought the clear/black. It should be here on Saturday. But after reading some comments/reviews, I might not keep it. It'll be a deal breaker if the back is indeed TPU since clear TPU tends to turn yellow over time. Also after seeing the photos again, I most likely will not like the glossy black. Would much rather have it be matte.

Good thing I also have this on the way: http://www.amazon.com/Verus-Protect...qid=1411103208&sr=1-8&keywords=verus+iphone+6

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
If the dust covers don't lock into place and hang around like they do in that video, I'm definitely passing on this one.

Yeah, it looks like those flaps don't lock. That will suck, as it was a concern of mine.

If you go to the switcheasy site for the nude, they have incorporated a full 1 piece dust cover (removable), and I don't like that one either. I have used that case for 3 gens now.

oh, what to do now.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Ringke Fusion iPhone 6 / 6 Plus case - thoughts?

Yeah, it looks like those flaps don't lock. That will suck, as it was a concern of mine.

If you go to the switcheasy site for the nude, they have incorporated a full 1 piece dust cover (removable), and I don't like that one either. I have used that case for 3 gens now.

oh, what to do now.

Oh yeah I remember the NUDE it was one of the first cases I ever bought for my iPhone 5. I lost those dust covers within the first week.

I'm going to wait and see what Power Support puts out. I really like their Air Jacket.

[EDIT] Noticed Power Support has it for pre-order: http://www.powersupportintl.com/iPhone-6-and-6-plus-s/1885.htm

I have this case in the mean time: http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-SOFT-FLEX-Capsule-Crystal-Flexible/dp/B00JH832EM/ it was cheap and seems decent enough for the price, but I can tell it's going to turn yellow because when you move it around it already has a yellowish glow.

Last edited:

Cancelled
May 30, 2007

oh, what to do now.

I'm assuming they have enough "snap" to suck into each hole? I'm assuming they ran into the issue of the case wearing while testing it. I do agree: cause for concern..

teefar

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Best cases I ever owned were from Ringke. I have the Slim and the Fusion. Just ordered another for my 6.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I will be getting Fusion for 6+ and then moshi iVisor XT and that's all I need.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Here are photos of the Ringke Fusion. I prefer it over the Spigen Air Cushion and Neo Hybrid. The fit is way better and the buttons are much more responsive. Also the lip is a little bit bigger so it makes tempered glass protectors less ugly :p It would be perfect if the sides were matte instead of glossy black.

Sorry for the quality. These are from my iPhone 5.

a3mqa0.jpg

xf5j7a.jpg

28slksh.jpg

2r3cod1.jpg

Last edited:

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you for the pics. I think I'm going for smoke grey. The dust plugs sealed the deal for me. Will get 6 plus version next month. Can you recommend a bubble free screen protector to cover as much as possible?

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Here are photos of the Ringke Fusion. I prefer it over the Spigen Air Cushion and Neo Hybrid. The fit is way better and the buttons are much more responsive. Also the lip is a little bit bigger so it makes tempered glass protectors less ugly :p It would be perfect if the sides were matte instead of glossy black.

Sorry for the quality. These are from my iPhone 5.

Do the dust plugs stay plugged in when you move the case around or do they flap around like they do in that guys video? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.