Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
Much more so than you. In corporate if some else errors, it does not automatically absolve you from your responsibilities. Retail stores no stock, with no explanation and a general lack of communication to the customer, even her own retail staff are completely unclear of the situation...

Q-6

You've been told this many times in multiple threads. Apple NEVER ONCE SAID that the MacBook would be available in stores April 10th. They said it will start to SHIP April 10th and it did indeed. Im typing on one right now that shipped April 10th. I understand the frustration with people outside the US who have to wait longer for shipping and Apple probably should have clarified it but they didn't and crying about it 100 times in multiple threads won't change anything.

Queen6

macrumors G4
You've been told this many times in multiple threads. Apple NEVER ONCE SAID that the MacBook would be available in stores April 10th. They said it will start to SHIP April 10th and it did indeed. Im typing on one right now that shipped April 10th. I understand the frustration with people outside the US who have to wait longer for shipping and Apple probably should have clarified it but they didn't and crying about it 100 times in multiple threads won't change anything.

Apple implied everything and have delivered nothing outside of the US, if you choose to put Apple on a pedestal that`s up to you. Reality speaks for it`s self no physical stock and very limited availability.

It`a all about communication or in this case the lack of, and that brings us back neatly to the Senior Vice President of Retail and Online Stores...

Q-6

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Apple implied everything and have delivered nothing outside of the US, if you choose to put Apple on a pedestal that`s up to you. Reality speaks for it`s self no physical stock and very limited availability.

It`a all about communication or in this case the lack of, and that brings us back neatly to the Senior Vice President of Retail and Online Stores...

Q-6

It doesn't matter what they've implied, what they don't state isn't a fact. If you don't like having to wait 4-6 weeks you don't have to buy one.

ruhollah glare

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
It seems like you guys are reading way too much into this. I'm sorry I even replied to this thread. No chill pill needs to be taken.

Don't let the Apple apologists get you down. Spectating from on high on the sidelines as they do, with nothing of their on own the table.

You are absolutely correct, and Apple is *not* doing all it can. Your case is not a 14 day return and subsequent repurchase. Your have a warranty issue on a limited early release. It can't get any worse than a DOA. That Apple did not allocate stock to deal with this issue shows where they are coming from.

Queen6

macrumors G4
don't let the apple apologists get you down. Spectating from on high on the sidelines as they do, with nothing of their on own the table.

You are absolutely correct, and apple is *not* doing all it can. Your case is not a 14 day return and subsequent repurchase. Your have a warranty issue on a limited early release. It can't get any worse than a doa. That apple did not allocate stock to deal with this issue shows where they are coming from.

+1

Queen6

macrumors G4
It doesn't matter what they've implied, what they don't state isn't a fact. If you don't like having to wait 4-6 weeks you don't have to buy one.

I may, or may not, equally that will be solely based on the MacBooks performance. The botched launch is simply a needless irritation. Some of us expect a little more from Apple than the current vagary including their own staff...

Q-6

destine2grow

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I am enjoying my new rMBP... It is not as light as the rMB, however portability is not a major concern for me... I do plan on purchasing the second version MB. I really wish the MBA 13 had retina as I don't need all the power the pro has but it is great to have it and have $313 back in my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.