Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanqc

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Just received my rMBP today and was amazed with the computer until I did the test. I have ghosting on my computer (I have a 2.7). A little disappointed considering the money spent and the wait time. At least the new batch will have ML on it and an improvement on shipping.

zainiak

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2012
I had the 2.3/16/256 model and it had terrible ghosting. Sent it to apple and called today and they said they are applying a "repair kit" to it. Idk what that is but it should be back monday

KimHansenDK

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2011
My 2nd replacement had no ghosting/retention issues - it has the Samsung display and ML pre-installed (if that mattes..)

ccantrell

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2006
Really Bad to Me ... Apple Said Normal

Went to Apple tonight and showed them this ... they said it is normal. In fact, they now have a 3 minute test than in my mind, doesn't seem to work. I go into Safari and make this happen every time.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 56

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I hate LG! Can't think of anything that I'd buy from them now!

----------

Went to Apple tonight and showed them this ... they said it is normal. In fact, they now have a 3 minute test than in my mind, doesn't seem to work. I go into Safari and make this happen every time.

I can't believe that said this is normal :(
Was it a Genius?

ccantrell

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2006
I hate LG! Can't think of anything that I'd buy from them now!

----------

I can't believe that said this is normal :(
Was it a Genius?

Yes ... and he (the Apple Genius) said he would authorize a warranty repair ONLY if I agreed that if the new display came back with the same problem, I would release Apple of any additional claims for this problem. Nothing like spending $3K+ on a laptop and having a manufacture tell you to play roulette with their quality control issues / warranty.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I have a 2.6/16GB RAM have used it for 6-7 weeks and the ghosting just started today. :(

Mine was the same way. It was the LG screen, I bought it on day one, and it was fine until a couple of days ago. The ghosting just started happening out of the blue, and BAD.

I talked to Apple support yesterday, and they made me an appointment for today for a swap. I was also told, they wanted my machine for the engineers to test. My new model is the Samsung screen, and I'm happy so far!

Something else to consider... Unless this was happening from day one, they MAY opt to repair and not swap out. My Apple support guy on the phone more or less talked me into saying I had issues out of the box. Just something to consider when you decide how you're going to move on it.

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
Yes ... and he (the Apple Genius) said he would authorize a warranty repair ONLY if I agreed that if the new display came back with the same problem, I would release Apple of any additional claims for this problem. Nothing like spending $3K+ on a laptop and having a manufacture tell you to play roulette with their quality control issues / warranty.

I know right, I'm with you! I'm like I love Apple, I HATE Apple :confused:
This is totally unacceptable! They're not even trying their best to satisfy their customers.

I really hate when the "Genius" say I can't see anything wrong with it, I have tested but but and but etc.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.