Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Well I don't know if this is a good thing…
Some things just should be left alone. Perfect the first time round.
I have seen a few stage revivals and noone has ever outdone Tim Curry…

Anyway, for what it's worth:
BBC link…
Cult musical film The Rocky Horror Picture Show is to be remade 33 years after it was first released, it has been announced.

The film, which will be co-financed by Sky Movies in the UK and MTV in the US, is to be co-produced by Rocky Horror creator Richard O'Brien.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
What a shame :(

Nothing good can come of this

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

arkitect

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I knew someone would give me a hard time over that! I was a teenager in a strict church then; I actually might watch it now, but will probably not get the opportunity.:rolleyes:

Ah well no wonder you walked out.
Mind you what were you thinking in the first place going to see it?
:eek:

Vivid.Inferno

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ottawa, ON
That is a shame. The movie is a cult classic, and should remain that way. I doubt they can do it anywere near as well as it has already been done, and unfortuantly that'll ruin it for the up coming generation. I won't see it, that's for sure.

MorzillA

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Miami
....I actually might watch it now, but will probably not get the opportunity.:rolleyes:

still in the same strict church?!

If not then find a good friend that you are comfortable with and that has seen the cult classic!

Get rice, no, not cooked. I think wine is called in as well.....can't remember. Anywhoo, sit down and watch the film and wait for the rice, and remember you may not not know that lirycs to the songs but you can't forget this line! "Damit, Janet!" :D

oh and most important of all...........have fun watching it!

:apple:

redwarrior

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2008
in the Dawg house
still in the same strict church?!

If not then find a good friend that you are comfortable with and that has seen the cult classic!

Get rice, no, not cooked. I think wine is called in as well.....can't remember. Anywhoo, sit down and watch the film and wait for the rice, and remember you may not not know that lirycs to the songs but you can't forget this line! "Damit, Janet!" :D

oh and most important of all...........have fun watching it!
:apple:
No, not in the same strict church, and nowhere near as uptight!

I can do anything if it involves wine.:rolleyes:

And, rice? Is this going to mess up my living room? Guess it depends on the friend(s) I pick to watch it with me. Anyone want to come over?:p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Let's organize a MacRumors group to go to the premiere. Which character will you dress up as?

(Yes, I've been to RHPS showings. No I didn't go in costume.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.