Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
omg. they'll probably ruin it.

fixed that for ya!

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2007
:eek: "great scott!"

wow! i'm a huge fan of the original film (hugs dvd and vhs copies) and while i always wondered if a remake would ever be in the works, i have mixed feelings about it. especially if the project doesn't have o'brien's blessing.

".. a rather tender subject - another slice anyone?" :D

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
What to bring when seeing RHPS... There's the rice, the toast, the newspaper and squirt guns, what else... a list of lines to say during appropriate periods of silence in the film...

Oh, here we go!

If one or more of these items are not necessary to bring to the remake, then it is unconditionally absolute rubbish. But it already is rubbish, because it doesn't involve Meatloaf or Tim Curry.

redwarrior

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2008
in the Dawg house

There's the rice, the toast, the newspaper and squirt guns, what else... a list of lines to say during appropriate periods of silence in the film...

Oh, here we go!
Ok, I haven't looked at any of those yet, but I will tomorrow after everyone has cleared out of the house!

But, waffle911, you just helped me to remember why I left the movie in the first place - it was because of all the people in the theater reciting the lines, we couldn't pay attention to the movie and got irritated and left. :eek:

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
...But, waffle911, you just helped me to remember why I left the movie in the first place - it was because of all the people in the theater reciting the lines, we couldn't pay attention to the movie and got irritated and left. :eek:

Yeah, I recommend watching it on DVD for your first go through to get to know the movie if that sort of thing irritates you - its part of the fun! Everyone who recites those lines has probably seen it a dozen times, as have most everyone else who shows up to theater showings.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
OMG no. I hated the first one and only went to see it because well, my two friends wanted to see it. The first was bad enough, do we really need a remake?

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Its strange, I was just thinking about this yesterday!

I was thinking, most cult things are ruined these days, because they want to continue the success.

RHPS has been imortalised, and even if they may have wanted to create another hit, that time has passed, and I'm glad they didn't tarnish the original with a bad sequel. (Not all sequels are bad of course!)

NOOOOOO! What is worse than a sequel? A remake!!!
This is like saying, that film is OLD now! Lets pretend it never existed and re-write history with a new one!

It is impossible to improve on the original. Not because it was perfect, but because it was the original, it was the unique original incident. You can't re-write history, and you shouldn't try.

I wouldn't mind a sequel, IF it was good. But then it is a bit late now. But a re-make... :(

I know I will end up seeing it, and it will tarnish the memory. Once done, it can't be undone. Forever more, people will be comparing the two and asking "which did you like better"!

So MTV will pretend the old one doesn't exist any more, well I will pretend the new one doesn't exist! Hah! That shows you!!!

Meet Dr. Frank-N-Furter
"So come up to the lab... and see what's on the slab"
frankenfurter.jpg

God I love Tim Curry!

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I left the movie in the first place - it was because of all the people in the theater reciting the lines, we couldn't pay attention to the movie and got irritated and left. :eek:

If you went to a "good" showing (back in the day), the second-hand pot smoke would have mellowed you out.

:p

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
If you went to a "good" showing (back in the day), the second-hand pot smoke would have mellowed you out.

:p

Ah- the good old days, when everything didn't have to be "family-friendly". We used to smoke pot in clubs all the time, not to mention do other things as well. Try doing that nowadays. Some people call it "progress"- I call it boring.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
What to bring when seeing RHPS... There's the rice, the toast, the newspaper and squirt guns, what else... a list of lines to say during appropriate periods of silence in the film...

I haven't seen the movie in over 20 years, but some of the props I remember bringing:

Toilet paper ("Great Scott!"), a deck of playing cards ("...cards for sorrow, cards for pain...") and a lighter ("There's a light over at the Frankenstein place...").

Theater managers started prohibiting lighters when some of them were modified to shoot a 2-3 foot flame... maybe the modern equivalent is to use one of the flashlight apps on an iPhone? :D

In a movie theater?:eek: Not where I lived, unfortunately.

My opinion is that the movie itself sucked. What made it a cult classic was the whole audience participation thing, and that only works in a theater. I would never bother buying or even renting it.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
I taped the movie off the TV a few years back. I really enjoy the first half of the movie... the songs are great. But soon after he beds Brad & Janet... it gets boring to me and I've never been able to watch the whole movie. Funny thing is... I just loaned it out to a friend last week. Maybe the only person from that generation who has never seen it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.