Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Over the past four days, there were several conflicting rumors about Apple announcing new iPads, a new Apple Pencil, or a combination of those two things. In the end, the only product announced was a lower-cost Apple Pencil with a USB-C port.

New-iPads-and-Apple-Pencil-Rumor-Report-Card-Feature.jpg

Below, we have put together a rumor report card that recaps all of the reports and speculation leading up to Apple's press release today.

Accurate
Inaccurate

Article Link: Rumor Report Card: New Apple Pencil Announced Instead of New iPads

Reactions: R2DHue

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Spring... or tomorrow... or Thursday... or next week... or the week after that. If I'm not mistaken, there have even been launches in November before. So this "new XXXXXXXXX coming" thing can keep right on flying until about NOV 10-15, at which point whatever else has launched- if anything else- is probably it for 2023.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Spring... or tomorrow... or Thursday... or next week... or the week after that. If I'm not mistaken, there have even been launches in November before. So this "new XXXXXXXXX coming" thing can keep right on flying until about NOV 10-15, at which point whatever else has launched- if anything else- is probably it for 2023.
Yup, the year has 2.5 months to go…
And October for that matter, another 14 days ;)

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
More of these report cards, especially with iPhone and Mac rumors. I wonder how many of those year-in-advance rumors are true.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
I think Apple may want to put the 3nm M3 in the new iPads! But the 3nm M3 may not be ready yet for iPads?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.