Rumored 'iPad Pro' and Companion Stylus Imagined in New Renderings

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 26, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following an influx of rumors surrounding the "iPad Pro" and a possible stylus accessory launching around the same time, well-known 3D modeler and designer Martin Hajek has created a series of concept renderings for each device on his blog.

[​IMG]
    Hajek's models include several details rumored for the iPad Pro, which has been claimed to carry a 12.2 - 12.9 inch display and fall in line with the rounded design of the current iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3. The renderings are based on some design drawings that surfaced last November, with Hajek noting the design brings back the larger bezels seen in earlier-generation iPads. Consistent with the schematics and other rumors, he also places speakers on the top and bottom and edges of the device, allowing for stereo sound when used in landscape orientation.

[​IMG]
    Otherwise, the iPad Pro sticks by most of the current-generation standbys, including volume rockers on the right side of the device, a lock button on the top right, a Lightning charger on its bottom center, and a Touch ID capacitive home button sitting in its normal central position.

Beyond the iPad Pro itself, Hajek also imagines a possibility for Apple's rumored in-house stylus. Borrowing "the design language of the iPad Pro", he added in a capacitive +/- slider for additional operations, and also elements of the Apple Watch as well, including biometric sensors and a digital crown. While the stylus renderings are interesting, a lack of leaks or even specific details about the accessory means the images are not based on any actual information.

[​IMG]
    The new renderings show off the iPad Pro mostly in the Silver option, though it's likely to receive the other two usual color options of Space Gray and Gold. The latest rumors suggest the iPad Pro may launch sometime in the late spring or early summer of this year. The full suite of renderings featuring the iPad Pro and stylus can be found on Hajek's blog.

Article Link: Rumored 'iPad Pro' and Companion Stylus Imagined in New Renderings

2. randymac09 macrumors regular

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Stylus looks nice. Would never use it though.

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Imagined?

ha

Not much imagination gone into that is there :rolleyes:

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

6. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

Just a BIT

7. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

How in the world is this newsworthy? These renders aren't based on anything substantial. He just took an iPad 4, made it 12" and added a pen that may or may not look anything like an Apple stylus (assuming one is in the works).

8. iSolidus macrumors member

iSolidus

Bezel too wide, machine too thick, stylus too ugly.

9. 2457282 Suspended

Why would they IMAGINE such a huge Bezel? My imaginaition has the Bezel being smaller. Keep the ipad pro as small as possible, as light as possible, as thin as possible. Isnt that the modo for Jony?

10. seventhedition macrumors member

11. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

The stylus won't glow.

Hm. 12 inch iPad? 12 inch MacBook? Anyone wondering if Apple might do a laptop/tablet hybrid like the Surface? Starting to wonder, because the leaked MacBook photos only showed the 'screen'.

12. Keniutek macrumors 6502

Keniutek

This Hajek guy is even more annoying than Ming Chi ... whatever the eff his name is.

13. bmunge macrumors 6502

I still don't believe that this product is going to be a reality. I can't imagine them selling more than a couple million.

14. alphaswift macrumors regular

Holy Bezel, Batman! No way Apple would do that.

Stylus: Looks nice, but I think any pen would have an eraser on the end, a la Asus and a few others.

15. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Wow, that stylus looks almost exactly like my 90's era Mont Blanc metal bodied rollerball (I have one here on my desk and the similarity is striking). Cut out the Mont Blanc logo and paste in the Apple logo and there you have it.

And that tablet thing is seriously fugly, cheap Chinese knock-off fugly.

16. Jimi72 macrumors member

17. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

18. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

It's good that people like Martin Hajek don't actually design products.

19. charliex5 macrumors regular

What the hell is up with that FILTHY screen in the first image?!

20. bushido Suspended

bushido

whats the point of these ...?

heres a render of the rumored iPhone 12

[​IMG]

21. theheadguy macrumors 65816

Martin, kind of rediculous to go through the work of mocking up a huge iPad Pro and keeping the same number of home icons as the iPad Mini. Come on...

22. iPhisch macrumors 6502

Cool, the stylus has a digital crown. Wait until you see my rendition I am gonna do in Microsoft Paint. No seriously, you need to wait because I have to use VMWare to boot XP and it takes forever.

23. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Dont forget the apple logo. He put an apple logo on the pen. Genius...pure genius

/sarcasm

24. eskon macrumors newbie

please no :(