Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harrier

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Springfield, VA
I'm still on iLife 08 on 2 macs no iWork. Snow Leopard on my new mini only. Was thinking I'd wait until iLife 10 and get a family pack to bring everything up to date to include giving iWork a try.

kepardue

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2006
I'll be happy for one thing: stability and speed improvements in Faces/Places. I don't see a lot of new features in iPhoto, since '09 introduced those two huge additions that don't work the fastest or most stable. That's an area where 64 bit / OpenCL / Grand Central actually could be put to very good use. Even on a brand new i5 iMac, iPhoto '09 behaves like a dog.

iWork... I've been thinking for a while now that once Apple gets comfortable enough with its potential as a tool in the workflow of the business world that they'll likely release a Windows version so that there will be mixed-office compatibility. Either a Windows version or make it work seamless with universal document standards like ODF or OOXML. The latter of which would be preferable, but it seems that the fervor for universal document formats has faded.

I can also see mobile apps of iWork being created, certainly useful in the context of a potential iPhone OS-running tablet to be released... a productivity suite is a necessity.

Not related to these two rumors, but I really expect to see Apple putting some love behind the concept of a home media server next year, as they continue to push their focus towards downloadable digital media and away from physical formats like Bluray.

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
iWork improvements

I really don't care that much about iLife since I use my Mac for work more than play. The biggest possible improvement in iWork would be to introduce tight integration with Bento (after all, Apple owns FileMaker). I'd also like to see a Save as HTML capability in Pages. Beyond that, given the existence of Snow Leopard, it's in Apple's corporate interest to put out some software putting its new technologies, such as Grand Central, to practical use. iWork might be a good place to start.

LazarusLong

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Southern Maine
iLife/iWork and iTablet?

Has anyone given any consideration to the idea of a Tablet specific version of Apple's two consumer suites? While neither of them would be greatly applicable to the iPhone/Touch platform, on a 10 inch screen you've got a completely different proposition.

I'd think that Apple would want introduce any new platform with a core of application support and while many Apps might run on a Tablet with little or no modification, support of the applications in Apple's two suites would seem like a no-brainer.

Add the recent acquisition of LaLa.com into the mix and you've come up with a very interesting product offering. Having both your music and your photo store in the cloud when you're using a 64GB limited product adds a whole new dimension to a tablet platform.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Yeah I'm hoping for "mobile" versions of iLife/iWork on the tablet. I'm also thinking they'll be the first apps on the App Store that are tablet-specific.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
The new tablet will be round.

You heard it here first, folks!

NO, it will be rectangular in a 3D sort of way, but constructed of photons, or whatever, like light. When you are done, just clap your hands twice and it completely disappears. Clap again when you need it to reappear.

Jobs screamed at the hapless engineers who couldn't get the quality of light just right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.