Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
Does Russia actually guarantee free speech for its citizens?

No, why do you think many people with more west like thinking and ideas had to run to Lithuania, Latvia and other countries to seek political asylum.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
No, why do you think many people with more west like thinking and ideas had to run to Lithuania, Latvia and other countries to seek political asylum.
Okay, then your earlier statement, "Goodbye to free speech..." is nonsensical, since there's no free speech to begin with.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not 100% sure, but I've given this some thought before and don't think a blockchain would be necessary or effective for this. Too much latency and cost. But maybe it will win anyway just from Ethereum becoming such a trusted standard. When it comes to security, people would rather be safe with generalized standards than sorry with optimized and obscure stuff.

You could be right - I don't know for sure.

Doesn't matter what people want to me. It matters that it works to me. Privacy should be a right for all people, so try to think about how it can be done and then figure out if you can prove that it is private without trusting anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.