Sad...but the iWatch isn't for me.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JOHNGAETANO, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I bought 4 iWatches. Wife, two kids and me.

Very impressed with the build quality. Apple hit it out of the park again in this department.

The watch features and abilities are so far ahead of Samsung and the other manufactures it's not even a race.

Unfortunately for me, I don't see myself using it. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I wasn't super excited about the iWatch to begin with. Being a tech lover I had to buy one to try, but unfortunately mine is going back. The other watches for family members will stay, as they all love theirs.

I guess I'm disappointed it's not going to work out for me, because it truly is a beautiful product.

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

At least you gave it a few hours of use to decide.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

That is just how it goes sometimes. I wasn't sure if it'd be for me but so far I can say I'm a fan.

4. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

You gave it a try. Maybe you're wrong. Give it a few days before you return it and see if you change your mind. And here's the thing: you have a huge advantage over a lot of people out there who JUST bought one for themselves. You have three family members who also have Apple Watches, and a big part of the functionality is communication.

I almost, almost convinced myself not to buy one because I knew that the ways I wanted it to fit in my life, as far as communication was concerned, would take years to come about because I'm the only person in my social circle who pays attention to this stuff. I lucked out: I was able to convince my mother to try it out, and a Try-On at the Apple Store convinced my father that it was worthwhile too.

You have, what, 14 days to make a return? Wait it out. It's only day one. Give the Watch a chance. Go use Apple Pay from your wrist. Send your heartbeat to your wife and kids while you're at work, or a stupid little doodle. See if its other functionality might actually apply to your life.

And if, in a few days or a week, you feel the same way ... return it and get your money back. But just because you have some buyer's remorse today doesn't mean you will feel that way tomorrow.

5. Aluminum213, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015

Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Had he done even a little research and saw a couple video reviews he'd knew it wasn't for him

There is no surprise factor with this thing

6. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

Agree, not a rush to take it back.

7. D1G1T4L, Apr 24, 2015

D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Sure there is. If someone had not used a "smart watch" before how useful it is in their daily life is something that depends on each person. You can read all you want but how you use it will determine the worth. I thought controlling my music with my Fenix 3 would be cool after reading about it. After using it a bit I turned it off and just control my music from my jaybirds. He at least purchased it and gave it a try. In the end if it isn't for him.....oh well.

8. JOHNGAETANO, Apr 24, 2015

JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I still wanted to try it. It's not like trying it was a bad thing.

9. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

This makes me truly sad.
    I am glad that you have come to terms with this and are able to move on.

Moments like these, and when my pet snail died, make me realize how precious life really is.

I wish you the best and that you get over that sadness that you reference in your headline.

10. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

Long enough to know its not for me.
    I have 14 days, I'm not taking back tomorrow. Such angry people.

11. bunnicula, Apr 24, 2015

bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I appreciate that the OP was willing to give it a try. Sounds like his family might be more the demographic that enjoy the smart watch thing. Everyone's different, after all. :)[

I don't think anyone's angry, John. We all have to spend our money and time on whatever things we enjoy and/or find useful.

Hope you have a good evening!

You might try selling your watch for a wee profit, though. They're really popular right now.

12. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Then there are Apple stores for just trying it out

It's your money, it's up to you, just saying it could have been prevented instead of donating money to apple

13. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Trying at the store will not allow you to see how it fits into your life in my opinion.

14. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

But he did use a smart watch before, that's why he was able to confidently declare it so much better than all the other manufacturers' smart watch products.

15. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Ok so he gave the Apple Watch a try. Not for him. It will not be a product for everyone. I'm not a fan of smart watches as I tend to go with a running watch over them. I am interested in the Apple Watch but still on the fence so I might end up picking one up and giving it a try. Don't think it will take the place of my Fenix 3 but might give it a try.

16. Medicman67 macrumors regular

They are not angry just trying to be funny and get someone to like their post. Ignore it.

17. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I'd give it a few more days before you take it back. You have a two week period. You don't want to regret your decision.

18. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

as someone who came from a pebble, I disabled a lot of things. I do not plan on using real "apps" on the phone. The only thing I can see using is photos, activities, and the camera app to take a photo. I also use the Hue app, but anything you really interact with is much better on the phone.

19. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I regret being a member of this forum and regret my platform choice.

20. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

I feel your pain. I agree, the watch will be a passing fad and isn't for everyone at all. I'll stick with my Rolex.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i feel that way sometimes. there are a lot of mean people of this forum. just igore the buttwipes!!!!

only YOU can decide if the apple watch is for you. my husband loves apple products as much as i do.. but has no interest whatsoever in apple watch...

22. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

out of curiosity, what were your expectations prior to getting it that it didn't live up to? What did you think you'd be using it for?

23. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

what watch is it? can i send you money for it, so i dont have to wait till june?

24. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Its not going to be for everyone. Perhaps you should give it another day and if not then return it. I however love mine :)

25. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I meant that as I had returned the first iPad and then later on wished I hadn't. I ended up wanting it back and had to wait several months before Apple could finally get them back in stock is all I'm saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.