Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysfan2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I really love the idea of this Iphone 4...waited a long time to get it and was very impressed for the most part...but what is the point if the actual phone is horrible. Everything else works wonderfully...but the phone keeps dropping calls and I'm not even talking about the death grip...thats a whole other issue. Just really frustrated that something that seems so great is letting me down.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Return it and maybe the new iPod touch coming next month may be a better fit for you, I have a feeling its going to get a redesign and it could very well match the new iPhone 4 with the retina display and possibly a camera (front or rear) and overall design, who knows.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
I really love the idea of this Iphone 4...waited a long time to get it and was very impressed for the most part...but what is the point if the actual phone is horrible. Everything else works wonderfully...but the phone keeps dropping calls and I'm not even talking about the death grip...thats a whole other issue. Just really frustrated that something that seems so great is letting me down.

It's true but obviously we all want more.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
I don't know. For me this has been the best coverage/antenna. With my 3Gs I probably had, on average, a dropped call a day.

With this phone I've yet to have a dropped call (thankfully!)

I'd say return it or this could just mean AT&T really sucks where you live. :eek:

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
pretty sure its the network, but unfortunately without having it be an unlocked phone we can only speculate ( that would confirm if the problem was the phone or the network)

i love my iP4 btw, im getting much better reception than my 3G

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I got my iP4 on launch day in Belfast, returned to the Republic and have been using it since.

Not one dropped call.

iAmYou

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
What is the deal with people and these iPhones.
If it is not working for you return it.
All the people coming out of the woodworks and claiming the iPhone is crap. yet they seem to still be using it are trolls nothing more.

If your not happy with it take it back. If its past the 30 days sell it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What is the deal with people and these iPhones.
If it is not working for you return it.
Indeed.

I don't create threads when I choose to return stuff.

Maybe I return a pair of shoes because I'm unhappy with them, I'll start a thread here:rolleyes:

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
You guys don't get it.

Talking about and discussing the iPhone's problems is a good thing.

Most of you guys will buy a new iPhone again in 1 or 2 years.
This new phone won't have an antenna issue, thanks to the "trolls" and the "media", not you.

So as long as you don't mind the thousand "My bumber arrived!" threads, just bear the critique with patience.

You are the ones who profit from it.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
I have better reception in areas I had issues with my 3GS. I am a happy customer. If you are unhappy with the product, return it and use your old one or pick a 3GS.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York

My iPhone works great as a phone. Not sure what you're talking about. If you're having problems, maybe the signal sucks in your area, or maybe something is wrong with your phone. In either case you gotta decide... exchange it or return it.

bigalke45

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2008
Why is it so hard for you people to admit that the iPhone 4 sucks as a phone. I am as big of an apple fan as they come and waited all year to get my iPhone 4 on launch. Then I got it and I am told I can't hold my phone the way i normally do, and the even more annoying problem is the proximity sensor. Don't tell me it's just a bad phone because I went through 3 of them and finally returned it for a 3GS which is still a lot faster than my old 3G. Apple screwed up admit it

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Why is it so hard for you people to admit that the iPhone 4 sucks as a phone. I am as big of an apple fan as they come and waited all year to get my iPhone 4 on launch. Then I got it and I am told I can't hold my phone the way i normally do, and the even more annoying problem is the proximity sensor. Don't tell me it's just a bad phone because I went through 3 of them and finally returned it for a 3GS which is still a lot faster than my old 3G. Apple screwed up admit it

Maybe cause some of us have iPhones that don't suck as a phone. This is my first iPhone and it gets as good or better reception and service than any previous "phone" I have ever had. Plus I can hold mine any way I want as mine doesn't have any antenna issues.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010

Sure thing! Let's all admit that big foot exists also and then let's move right on to admitting we never landed on the moon or that 9/11 was a government plan.

Seriously, since when did peoples personal opinions become fact? Get over yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.