Sad that the Iphone is a better Ipod than phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaysfan2010, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jaysfan2010 macrumors newbie

I really love the idea of this Iphone 4...waited a long time to get it and was very impressed for the most part...but what is the point if the actual phone is horrible. Everything else works wonderfully...but the phone keeps dropping calls and I'm not even talking about the death grip...thats a whole other issue. Just really frustrated that something that seems so great is letting me down.

2. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Return it and maybe the new iPod touch coming next month may be a better fit for you, I have a feeling its going to get a redesign and it could very well match the new iPhone 4 with the retina display and possibly a camera (front or rear) and overall design, who knows.

4. gtmac macrumors 6502a

It's true but obviously we all want more.

5. specops macrumors regular

Apple makes ipods... not phones... makes sense now? move along now

6. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I don't know. For me this has been the best coverage/antenna. With my 3Gs I probably had, on average, a dropped call a day.

With this phone I've yet to have a dropped call (thankfully!)

I'd say return it or this could just mean AT&T really sucks where you live. :eek:

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

The iPhone is a phone, or did you forget?

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

pretty sure its the network, but unfortunately without having it be an unlocked phone we can only speculate ( that would confirm if the problem was the phone or the network)

i love my iP4 btw, im getting much better reception than my 3G

9. jaysfan2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

everyone has different stories, and its hard to know if it is the network or the phone. I've only had my iPhone 4 for 4 days now and I am getting better reception in places my 3GS normally dropped calls.

11. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

If you really hate it that much just return it.

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I got my iP4 on launch day in Belfast, returned to the Republic and have been using it since.

Not one dropped call.

13. 101AirAssault macrumors member

Click on my sig and advance to 1:17.... that little ditty will tell you exactly what to do!

14. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

What is the deal with people and these iPhones.
    If it is not working for you return it.
    All the people coming out of the woodworks and claiming the iPhone is crap. yet they seem to still be using it are trolls nothing more.

If your not happy with it take it back. If its past the 30 days sell it.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Indeed.

I don't create threads when I choose to return stuff.

Maybe I return a pair of shoes because I'm unhappy with them, I'll start a thread here:rolleyes:

16. Schweitzer macrumors regular

You guys don't get it.

Talking about and discussing the iPhone's problems is a good thing.

Most of you guys will buy a new iPhone again in 1 or 2 years.
    This new phone won't have an antenna issue, thanks to the "trolls" and the "media", not you.

So as long as you don't mind the thousand "My bumber arrived!" threads, just bear the critique with patience.

You are the ones who profit from it.

17. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I have better reception in areas I had issues with my 3GS. I am a happy customer. If you are unhappy with the product, return it and use your old one or pick a 3GS.

18. Sorensenp macrumors newbie

19. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

**FIXED**

20. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I should thank the trolls for my excellent iPhone 4? That's pure rancid BS. I thank the talented engineering team at Apple.

21. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Should I register www.shoerumors.com for you?

22. skiltrip macrumors 68030

My iPhone works great as a phone. Not sure what you're talking about. If you're having problems, maybe the signal sucks in your area, or maybe something is wrong with your phone. In either case you gotta decide... exchange it or return it.

23. bigalke45 macrumors newbie

Why is it so hard for you people to admit that the iPhone 4 sucks as a phone. I am as big of an apple fan as they come and waited all year to get my iPhone 4 on launch. Then I got it and I am told I can't hold my phone the way i normally do, and the even more annoying problem is the proximity sensor. Don't tell me it's just a bad phone because I went through 3 of them and finally returned it for a 3GS which is still a lot faster than my old 3G. Apple screwed up admit it

24. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Maybe cause some of us have iPhones that don't suck as a phone. This is my first iPhone and it gets as good or better reception and service than any previous "phone" I have ever had. Plus I can hold mine any way I want as mine doesn't have any antenna issues.

25. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Sure thing! Let's all admit that big foot exists also and then let's move right on to admitting we never landed on the moon or that 9/11 was a government plan.

Seriously, since when did peoples personal opinions become fact? Get over yourself.