Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I feel kinda vindicated.
I'm now thinking that one of your earlier posts was right; they might really not have fussed much designing the non-compact layout since they were so quick to give it up.

I'm still really not bothered at all by the current Safari tabs. I wish Apple would address some of the things that are actually important to me (e.g. lack of contrast in the UI, immovable modal dialogs, mouse areas to use to drag windows). I suspect everyone would have eventually gotten used to the tabs; the issues I have cannot be worked around.

Reactions: ErikGrim

automan98

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
I tend to be very flexible and adpatable to interface changes, but I really dislike the new tab design. Count me in as one of those you hate it.

Reactions: vddobrev

neo_cs193p

macrumors regular
May 17, 2016
After using it for a few weeks I can say I prefer the new tab design (compact mode) and will not be going back to the old. It just makes more sense to me on a small laptop screen. Good on Apple to support both the old and the new layouts, so everyone is happy.

Last edited:

vddobrev

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Haskovo, Bulgaria
After using it for a few weeks I can say I prefer the new tab design (compact mode) and will not be going back to the old. It just makes more sense to me on a small laptop screen. Good on Apple to support both the old and the new layouts, so everyone is happy.
Same here! There are a few little quirks but overall I started preferring it, for the space saving. And also the + button placement makes sense in compact mode.

Reactions: neo_cs193p
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.