Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Ok. Panic over. Turns out it wasn't safari or my mac but my isp, virgin media. [...] Thanks for your help anyway guys.

Let's see. The title of this thread is "Safari 3 sucks". That's pretty strong language. Now what about instead of thanking people here for their help (actually, they didn't help you, they just wasted their time), you would find a way to change the title of this thread to something like "Safari doesn't suck at all, problem between chair and monitor" to undo the damage that you are doing.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Let's see. The title of this thread is "Safari 3 sucks". That's pretty strong language. Now what about instead of thanking people here for their help (actually, they didn't help you, they just wasted their time), you would find a way to change the title of this thread to something like "Safari doesn't suck at all, problem between chair and monitor" to undo the damage that you are doing.

Wow.....a little harsh don't you think? ....it's really not that big of a deal.

btc

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2006
how long might it take to go from beta status to a regular no-bugs release?

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I like it! The browser didn't respond at first to clicking on links, but a quick reset fixed this.

What I like most is now I can finally use rich text formatting on my gmail messages! It never used to work with Safari 2.

JoachimC

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007
Slow or malfunctioning Safari on Windows

I have experienced some problems having safari installed on my windows pc.
At first it wouldn't start, it just crashed every time I tried to use it. After changing some settings and removing some other software-updates I got it working. However it seemed to me a lot slower then firefox, which was to me a liitle bit surprising since on my mac safari 2 is a lot faster. On my pc it was just too slow, sometimes so slow it cancelled its actions during connection. Some of you experienced these same problems I prosume. Until now I'm not as pleased as I thought I would be, but I try to keep in mind it's still beta.
Grtz.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Not harsh at all. Ever heard the word "responsibility"?

Yes I've heard of the word "responsiblity", but I think you're over-reacting. I also think the OP might have been quick to assume the problem was Safari initially as it wasn't a completely outlandish idea if he had just upgraded. And after all was said and done, he did thank the responders for their help and explained what the original problem was.

All in all, it didn't waste that much of my time (and considering your tirade was your first post of the thread, I can't imagine it actually wasted ANY of your time beyond what it took you to berate the OP for his mistake), so no harm no foul.

Calm down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.