Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Safari Beta v64

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Please no posts or requests of where to get Safari v64.

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by MrMacman
Are you begin threatend by apple again? :(

No...

It's just common sense.

arn

Comment

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Cool

Heres a pic...

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 11,786
Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
I'm in heaven

I'm so happy!

Right clicking on a link and choosing "Open Link in New Tab" now opens the page in a background tab - leaving you free to carry on reading the first page. :) Also another excellent feature is that if you have folders in your bookmark bar you can open all its contents into multiple tabs with a single click. :)

On the minus side i'm experiencing alot of sites with green text where it should be black :( A very strange bug.

Comment

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
I dont have v62 but how is that pic posted above any different the the pics Ive seen posted for 62 because assumming that pic was of a 64 verison that you have

Comment

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by synthetickittie
I dont have v62 but how is that pic posted above any different the the pics Ive seen posted for 62 because assumming that pic was of a 64 verison that you have

The only way is to find out under 'about- Safari' and for people not to edit images.... :rolleyes:

Comment

e2chris

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
oh that looks so cool. I wish they released this crap to everyone.

anyway... looks sweet!

oh and if v64 slips into your email then send it to e2chris@mac.com hehe

sorry arn!

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Nice update.

A few hours after I got Safari v.62, the site hosting it got slapped with a Cease and Desist straight from Apple. I wonder if the same will happen for SpyMac.

Well, SpyMac seems to be generating some happy campers all of a sudden. :cool:

Comment

rugby

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
chicago
Originally posted by e2chris
oh that looks so cool. I wish they released this crap to everyone.

anyway... looks sweet!

oh and if v64 slips into your email then send it to e2chris@mac.com hehe

sorry arn!

First point, requesting pirated software isn't bright.

Second point, requesting it be email to you is a bit dumber.

Third point, requesting it be emailed to YOUR MAC.COM email address is borderline Canadien.

:D

Comment

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Even though it was wrong for the person to break their NDA; and even though it was wrong for that person to post it on the web; and even though its wrong that Spymac lets the link remain on their website-I still am glad to get it.

Even though it's wrong....:(

But new features are so cool!

Comment

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by rugby

Third point, requesting it be emailed to YOUR MAC.COM email address is borderline Canadien.

LOL, that is pretty funny, but I hope you were not trying to spell Canadian....

Comment

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
ummm???

Originally posted by rugby

Canadien is the french spelling and as an english CANADIAN i find it offensive... you cant call Canadian's stupid either... Watch CNN and then rethink who you're calling stupid

Comment

iSmell

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2002
Chimeramino

Camino 0.7 is out. I still think it works better with more pages than Safari does. Maybe once Safari is out of beta, it will be my main browser, but until then I'm sticking with Chimeramino.

el camino
el el camino
the front looks like a car
the back looks like a truck
the front is where you drive
the back is where you
el camino
el el camino

Comment

BeigeUser

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Text encoding

If they fix some of the javascript bugs and text encoding problems for Japanese language web pages, I will switch over. In the meantime, the only browser that can accurately render Japanese language web pages is the Explorer. Apple will want to fix this if they want to make Safari the default browser someday.

Comment

ennerseed

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2002
Tabs In or Out

Via the images posted here I really think the tabs should be reversed.

By that I mean the paticular page you are visiting would be indented in, ie pushed with the mouse upon clicking (it would seem odd , the tab, coming toward you with your mouse action pushing down). It would also look attached to the page you are viewing vs attached to the tool bar, as it is now.

Doesn't that seem right?

Comment

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Well v.64 is working out nicly compared to v.62, but there are still some bugs when trying to open links using keyboard commands into new tabs.

I guess this is why this is a beta browser. I really wish that apple would release tabs into the open tho, it would be great!

BEN

Comment

Xero

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
wow these are some nice tabs. the option to open all links that reside in a folder on your bookmarks bar, into seperate tabs is pretty cool. man, apple knows how to take a good idea a step further. :)

Comment

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Originally posted by saabmp3
Well v.64 is working out nicly compared to v.62, but there are still some bugs when trying to open links using keyboard commands into new tabs.

I guess this is why this is a beta browser. I really wish that apple would release tabs into the open tho, it would be great!

BEN

I've not had any problems with opening new tabs using keystrokes, I mostly right click and open in new tab (now opens in background tab !!! :) ) which one is causing you problems?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.