Safari is SLOW!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maccam, Jun 11, 2007.

1. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

2. 66217 Guest

With what web page are you trying? If you say that because MacRumors takes a lot of time to load, that is because of the heavy traffic, not Safari.:)

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

It's a public beta, and they still have until October to finish it for shipment with Leopard. Don't expect too much of it. :)

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

It's actually running pretty good for me (fingers crossed).

For most sites, load times seem the same. This one is a little slow right now, but I know that's because all the tubes are full of traffic.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Safari 3 is faster! ...but the pages I'm trying to visit (MR, Apple) are much slower right now. ;)

6. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

safari is beta. complain once it enters release candidate and official.

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

It's working great for me. Haven't noticed a difference in page load times, but scrolling and "redrawing," I guess you'd say, definitely seem faster.

8. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Stop using dial-up.

9. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I'm using the safari 3.0 Beta right now and I'm not getting any lag / no skipping watching QT video on WWDC 06

10. thebrain74 macrumors regular

Safari is Alpha quality right now, it should not have been released to the gen public, if this is the first impression left on windows users, they're going right back to IE/FF. I've used it for ~45 mins, and I'm about three nut hairs away from loading Camino, Safari is giving me error messages all over the place, especially when trying to open something in a new tab, it is not ready yet.

Oh and yes it is still as slow as Saf 2

11. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

Hopefully it won't be too buggy for me.

I get to use a Mac browser at work and show off the Mac goods to my coworkers. Steve don't let me down!

12. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Google Maps performance under Safari 3 is vastly improved.

13. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

I agree I'm on an "ancient" powerbook (one in sig) and it definitely is an improvement over the old safari for me. I know its kind of cliched to say that as I used to laugh at everyone that said safari feels faster now haha. I'm not sure safari is faster but its operations (scrolling etc) are.

14. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

To those of you having problems, are you using any third party apps that might be hampering performance?

I read in another thread that ShapeShifter is causing problems, I'm assuming things like PithHelmet, etc may also have issues.

Just curious, because I'm not running any of those items and it's running smoothly so far (fingers crossed).

15. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Safari actually feels a bit more snappier for me:rolleyes:. Although the best improvement for me is that safari no longer beachballs when I open a digg story with a lot of comments.

16. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Had To Uninstall S3

Way too many weird error messages. Lots of links wouldn't go there without an extra PUSH from the address bar. Love the new Mobile Tabs. But way too many errors and crashes for me to stick with it. :(

I do have SafariStand Installed. Now I'm getting server errors with Safari 2.0.4 as well even though I uninstalled S3.

17. maccam thread starter macrumors 6502a

maccam

I had no other applications running and it was way slower then Camino (I use Camino only) I feel sorry for all Safari users.

18. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

MM...if you mainly having problems here on MR, it's a server load issue...too many newbies on here complaining about lack of new hardware. :D :D

Other (non-Apple related) sites seem snappier to me, haven't had a problem yet (knock wood).

19. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

It's loading pages twice as fast for me, especially MacRumors. :confused:

20. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Safari is definitely way snappier than before... very impressed and this is only a beta. Can't wait for October.

- Dal

21. damado macrumors 6502

Seems to be working fine for me on a Mac Pro. Myspace is super fast now. Total night and day difference.

The only thing I miss is Saft for saving the websites I was at. The new web page search feature is awesome. I like it a lot more than firefox's page search.

22. Mobility151990 macrumors newbie

23. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I'm finding Safari 3 much faster than Safari 2 on my system.

24. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I love the tabs, but wish there was a way (like Adium) to drag a window to be a tab in another window.

Find is awesome (but I don't know why CMD+Shift+F takes it away, instead of CMD+F for both)

I wish there was a replacement for (the now not working) SafariStand. I need my _blank pages to open in new tabs, and my restore feature :(

25. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

This seems to be working for me.